INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Baader-Planetarium Dome

• Thank you received: 2
I am back! :lol: I can see you added calibration, which is cool! But I still have problems with movement - it is nearly stuck at one point :( And another thing - it is by design or it is bug that after Start / Stop service I am loosing everything at the Measurements tab? That's annoying if honestly :dry:
9 years 4 months ago #2423

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stuck how? I need more details with the details log of the driver with full debug turned on. Also, I'm not sure what do you mean regarding the measurement tab values? If you connect, you can go to Options and "Load Configuration" and it will load whatever saved previously. The loading is not done automatically unless you are using Ekos and selected the load "on connection" option.
9 years 4 months ago #2425

Ok, now it is clear with configuration, thank you! About getting stuck I will show you tomorrow, ok?
9 years 4 months ago #2427

Sorry, I got again lot of paper work :( Are you now free? I got clear sky and time ;)
9 years 4 months ago #2486

Shame on me! :blush: Baader actually gave all the command set in its documentation, on the last pages... :blush: Post #2275 from page 4 is updated!
9 years 4 months ago #2488

Again updated the previously mentioned post (added d#encsave command) :blush: But it is an important update - we can't be sure if we really need calibration or not. So please make it non-mandatory and add a LED which will tell the current state (calibrated/uncalibrated) based on the type of the reply to the d#getazim command (d#azr****/d#azi****) :)
9 years 4 months ago #2489

There 2 problems with driver - it gets from time to time timeouts (I think it may happen because of high frequency of requests) and it sends wrong positioning commands. Log is here: pastebin.com/eWsvKRAd
9 years 4 months ago #2490

Strange behavior for me after pressing Load button:

Why d#encsave after loading? And why after loading happens saving (twice)? After that applying and loading... Can you please explain the logic behind this? :)

Something more, generic for all drivers. After you enable Debug you can choose at Debug Levels and Logging Levels additional option - Driver Debug. I chose them, but after a while disabled Debug. After enabling it back Driver Debug options are unchecked, but actually I start receiving debug info from drivers as prior disabling Debug :) It is a bug?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Alexandru Barbovschi. Reason: Possible bug found
9 years 4 months ago #2491

Ok, fixed. Also the driver debug issue, that's resolved now as well, thanks for reporting it!
9 years 4 months ago #2493

Glad to hear that! :) Btw, have you found a way to compile latest KStars under 14.04?
9 years 4 months ago #2494

Ok, let's continue this one thread :)

1) There is a strange behavior of the relative movement (hope the description is clear):
a) We set N degrees movement and our current position is somewhere between 360-N - 360. We choose to move CCW and... get message Requested position out of bound. Dome maximum position is 360;
b) The same as above but 0 - N current position and CW direction;
Don' understand this limitation, the only one should be just the range of the relative movement (0-180. Remember - dome decides the optimal direction, that is why 180 and no more).

2) Please change Autosync threshold from 0.5 to 1.0, I often get out of the current 0.5.

3) On pressing Save button there is no message even on enabling Debug (but without choosing Driver Debug);

4) There are interesting behaviors of the Load and Default buttons...
4.1.1) On pressing Load without any additional options I get (and it is ok):
pastebin.com/gUeCEybC
4.1.2) On enabling Debug and choosing Driver Debug I get:
pastebin.com/mZjgC48w
Why saving, why d#encsave?...
4.2.1) On pressing Default without any additional options I get (and it is ok):
pastebin.com/u0mqJd8Y
4.2.2) On enabling Debug and choosing Driver Debug I get:
pastebin.com/Wm8Vhng4
The same question as above :)

5) Joystick LED... Yeah, even it at my radar :lol: When using Baader Dome, after pressing Load button the LED becomes green. When using Baader SteeelDrive - it is green immediately after connection.

6) Here we get to the most interesting part... Slaving correction B) Let me show you something from MaximDL (it was set up NOT by me, it was done before me):

And now lets take a look at what I set up (according to the previous image):

Question - did I set up in the right way or not (excluding Shutter width - it is absent in MaximDL)?
9 years 3 months ago #2593

1. Fixed
2. You can set it to 1, it is loaded from config file.
3. There is now the message if only debug is on, no need to select Driver Debug to see it.
4. Can't reproduce those. Can you please delete the configuration file under ~/.indi and save them again and see if you can get this behavior again?
5. I don't understand, in Ekos, both go green after connection is established, what's the issue?
6. Sounds about right.

If you do the slaving test, make sure to record at the time of measurement:

1. UTC
2. Long/Lat of site
3. Mount's RA/DEC
4. MaximDL target Az.
5. INDI target Az.

This way we can compare the results for the same target.
9 years 3 months ago #2600

Time to create page: 1.188 seconds