Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: EQMod parking in non-standard position

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 4 weeks ago #17418

• Kaczorek
  • Kaczorek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 135
I have just had a talk with a friend of mine who needs to park his mount horizontally. He has a rolling roof shed and he can't park to northpole because he cannot roll off the roof in this park position. Does EQMod support parking a mount horizontally? I understand that you can set virtually any parking position in INDI driver. However information about where a telescope is pointing to at a parking position is not saved anywhere. As the result EQMod driver just assumes it's pointing north. Am I right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 4 weeks ago #17434

• nmac
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 49
Well I also have that problem with my observatory and I have been parking mine horizontally for about 2 years using a user defined park position.
and it works very well.

The first thing I did was a Sync pointed to north position (home) and then I manually moved the mount to my custom park position and finally told
eqmod to park to current position. Whenever I power the mount it knows where it's parked and where it's pointing, it's stored in the config file.

(PT) SC@ROS Observatory
RPi3 / Explore Scientific ES80480 / Canon 550D / ESFF 2" / ASI120MM / Arduino Moonlite DC Clone- HEQ5 Pro
RPi2 / Orion 120ST / Atik 420m / WOIII / SSAG - Arduino Moonlite DC Clone - LXD75
www.flickr.com/photos/139335144@N03/

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 4 weeks ago #17437

Would be nice though to have a very clear UI for this. For the EQMod in ASCOM on Windows, you just have 2 options for a unpark and park position, very handy.

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 4 weeks ago #17450

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

nmac wrote: The first thing I did was a Sync pointed to north position (home) and then I manually moved the mount to my custom park position and finally told eqmod to park to current position. Whenever I power the mount it knows where it's parked and where it's pointing, it's stored in the config file.

Thanks a lot for the hint! Could you please elaborate on this? Is the first step just syncing to the north pole or syncing and saving with INDI Align/Write File option?
Is the next step to slew to custom parking position and use INDI Site Management/Current and then Site Management/Write Data?

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 4 weeks ago #17454

• nmac
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Kaczorek!

First I put the mount by hand (unclutching) at the Pole, sync it, then I slew it to the position I want it parked and then I use the Site Management/Current and Site Management/Write Data option like you said. You just have to redo all this steps if for any instance there is a power down before the park. The first sync on the pole is just for the mount to know it's real position on the sky.

I also have transferred the xml config files between setups to maintain the park position and it works great.

(PT) SC@ROS Observatory
RPi3 / Explore Scientific ES80480 / Canon 550D / ESFF 2" / ASI120MM / Arduino Moonlite DC Clone- HEQ5 Pro
RPi2 / Orion 120ST / Atik 420m / WOIII / SSAG - Arduino Moonlite DC Clone - LXD75
Last Edit: by nmac.

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 4 weeks ago #17460

So is it also possible to have an unpark position? Would be nice to click park and it goes horizontal, unpark and it goes to the pole.

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 4 weeks ago #17464

• nmac
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Maybe it's possible, never tried, Maybe I am wrong but I have a slight memory that once, I did that by mistake. Now it's just park and unpark at the same position.

(PT) SC@ROS Observatory
Last Edit: by nmac.

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 3 weeks ago #17579

• nmac
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Nope. Already tested, you only have Park options implemented in the driver.
Maybe implementing similiar Unpark options would resolve that issue.

(PT) SC@ROS Observatory

EQMod parking in non-standard position 4 months 3 weeks ago #17582

• Kaczorek
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for your answers!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica