INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Problems with IEQ45pro libindi v1+ for my ZEQ25

No, I was referring to the driver debug logging as explained here .
8 years 5 months ago #5858

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
Here's the output from the log file:
INFO 20.568934 sec : Session log file /tmp/indi_lx200basic_2015-11-13T16:07:28.log
INFO 27.335292 sec : LX200 Basic is online. Retrieving basic data...
ERROR 27.480734 sec : Error loading user configuration. Unable to read user config file. Error loading file /home/indi/.indi/LX200 Basic_config.xml: No such file or directory
. To save user configuration, click Save under the Configuration property in the Options tab.
INFO 61.394499 sec : Synchronization successful.
INFO 79.068933 sec : Slew aborted.

After connecting I try to use the motion controls and nothing happens. Nothing appears in the log about that either. Then I sync on a star like Polaris. Then attempt a slew to something close to Polaris. The mount starts slewing and I have to abort the slew as it just keeps going. I believe this is because the mount's ra and dec info isn't being read properly. About the only thing working is the abort button and the connection.

--Jon
8 years 5 months ago #5859

OK, I made a mistake when aligning the mount to a star from the outset. If I do a one star align and then sync the mount with the driver, the mount slews as it should. However, the reticle doesn't update on the chart as it should which means that the driver isn't reading the ra/dec info. Also the motion buttons still do not function with the exception of the center button which does give a message about motion stopped. Below the motion buttons, the slew speed drop down box is grayed out. I wonder if that is why the motion buttons aren't working.

--Jon
8 years 5 months ago #5861

You need to also check "Scope Verbose" and "Log to a File" to get more detailed info on what's going on. Run again and attach the log file after you're done slewing..etc.
8 years 5 months ago #5862

Sorry knro, long couple of days.....

The lx200basic driver slews from kstars fine except that the reticle doesn't follow and the ra/dec coords are not updated correctly. Also, the motion controls don't do anything either. The lx200apdriver works pretty well with a few minor problems such as failing to set the longitude. The motion controls work in the lx200apdriver with the ZEQ25 except it wont stop the movement.

--Jon

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_lx200...1-13.zip
File Size:1 KB
8 years 5 months ago #5863
Attachments:

It should be working but for some reason, it stopped updating values after 22 sec mark. If you have TeamViewer, I can login to investigate the issue.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 5 months ago #5864

Thanks knro but I think the time difference poses a problem for live help. I have been getting along better with the lx200apdriver except for a few issues. One has to do with an error setting the longitude. I have attached the log file for you to take a look at. I don't know why it is failing......
Thanks again for any help.

--Jon

File Attachment:

File Name: neweraplog.zip
File Size:6 KB
8 years 5 months ago #5869
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I would want to add information about my mount.
I bought Ioptron Smart EQ pro mount (same 8408 protocol as ZEQ25) and I modified the code that tango13 mentioned.
I tested it on my Raspberry PI 2 B and modified code worked very well for Smart EQ pro.

Thank you!
p.s. If my message has some mistake in English, I'm sorry. I'm a user in South Korea. :)
8 years 5 months ago #5871

Thanks istarcube;

Which driver are you using. I have everything working in the lx200apdriver and lx200generic driver except the longitude. I did discover that there is an issue with leading zeros and passing in the negative or positive sign with the lx200 protocol but I believe i have resolved that. Something appears to be calling updateLocation twice and I haven't yet been able to find it.....but I will.

--Jon
8 years 5 months ago #5873

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, Jon.

I just downloaded the code from repository (svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/indi/code/trunk), modified lx200driver.cpp and compiled it.
I chose 'LX200basic' in EKOS and didn't experience the problem you mentioned. Maybe my SmartEQ mount is simpler than ZEQ25.

Could you try to get a fresh code from repository and modify lx200driver.cpp?
I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I hope that your problem will be solved soon.

Thanks,
- istarcube
8 years 5 months ago #5876

• Thank you received: 3
Hi All,

I'm still having the same problems with my Zeq25 and have tried the latest lx200 basic. I would like to see any of your .cpp files for comparison as I would like to keep uptodate with the progress. Maybe the SmartEQ is acting differently to the zeq25.

cheers
yabby
8 years 5 months ago #5877

I finally gave up on setting the longitude/latitude. The implementation i'm using reads that info fine. I suppose if you are remote, you would need that to be able to configure your settings. I do have it working somewhat but, as I said earlier, there is a redundant call that is overwriting my settings and I haven't figured out what is doing that yet. For now I just disabled it. As I am using my ZEQ25 at my home, I don't need that capability. I also disabled parking and several of the tabs that you would see in the Astro-Physics driver such as site management,(setting lat/lon), and focuser tabs. Basically, the implementation that I now have working is just connecting and has motion controls and the ability to select 4 slew rates. It works fine with kStars as far as reticle syncing etc,. Basically, it works!
I would like to disable the motion control tab on the INDI control panel without disabling the motion contols in Ekos as the functionality of the motion controls on the control panel aren't working quite the way i would like them to. At a minimum, I would like to move the abort button from the main_control tab to the motion control tab if I cannot hide the latter. Does anyone know how to do either of these?
I would like to test this out further and then possibly compile these files into something more cohesive and then share it. Like many here, I have just worked from the default driver files, lx200ap, lx200generic and lx200driver(.cpp/.h) files. I do have copies of the originals so that I can restore them once I figure out how to use make to compile the ones I have edited.

--Jon
8 years 5 months ago #5879

Time to create page: 0.918 seconds