Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ekos Capture Allowing Custom Filename Formatting

Ekos Capture Allowing Custom Filename Formatting 1 week 2 days ago #17851

Currently Ekos allows incorporating the filter, exposure time, and time stamp into the output file during a sequence.

I would find having the option to have the camera temperature included would be useful, and perhaps there is other data people would like to include.

Adding these options to the current UI would make it more cluttered and also too tall for many laptop screens.

I've used several capture programs that allow the specification for the output filename during capture using a format language usually using '%' syntax.

Something like:

M13_%et_%fi_%ts_%ct-%zi

where

%et exposure time (secs)
%fi filter
%ts time stamp
%ct camera temperature
%zi file index with leading zeros

It could be extended obviously - this is just a simple example.

We could continue to use the "Prefix" area to store the filename template.

I'm interested in working on this feature but would like to see what people think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xsnrg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ekos Capture Allowing Custom Filename Formatting 1 week 1 day ago #17854

Being able to format the timestamp would be neat too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica