Baader SteelDrive driver is included with libindi >= 0.9.9.
Under Ubuntu, you can install the driver via:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libindi1
The Baader Steeldrive motorfocus allows precise remote operation of the Steeltrack focuser. The transmission is performed by a belt system. You can control the focuser absolute & relative positions. You can set the temperature calibration and coefficient settings and enable/disable temperature compensation accordingly.
Main Control Tab
- Port: Set the name of the RS 232 port. The speed is fixed to 9600 baud.
- Direction: Focus IN or Focus OUT.
- Focus Speed: Set Focus speed 350 to 1000.
- Focus Timer: Move the focuser at the current speed in the current direction for the specified time in milliseconds.
- Relative Position: Set the number of steps from the current absolute position to move.
- Absolute Position: Set the number of absolute steps.
- Temperature: read out of the built in temperature sensor or the external temperature probe.
- Acceleration Ramp.
- Temperature Settings: Set # of samples and coefficient.
You may set pre-defined presets for common focuser positions in the Presets tab.
- Preset Positions: You may set up to 3 preset positions. When you make a change, the new values will be saved in the driver's configuration file and are loaded automatically in subsequent uses.
- Preset GOTO: Click any preset to go to that position
The INDI Baader SteelDrive driver provides complete functionality for all the features supported by Baader SteelDrive including relative and absolute positioning, temperature readout, preset and configuration parameters.
There are no known bugs for this driver. If you found a bug, please report it at INDI's bug tracking system at SourceForge. (You can log in with a variety of existing accounts, including Google, Yahoo and OpenID.)