INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Canon 6D and indi_gphoto_ccd, errors

It's the same thing used in the indi-gphoto driver. This is why I asked you to try to run the same command above with gphoto 2.4. Because if you get an error then it confirms 2.4 was the issue.
8 years 6 months ago #5476
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 32
Mm, that's weird then. At least I can tell you an error (most likely that one) occured in 2.4, just don't have it around anymore to try. But the 2.5 is doing the same, how does lib-indi work exactly, it's not dependant on an installation of gphoto2 itself is it?

I now decided to upgrade to Jessie btw.
8 years 6 months ago #5477
no, it is built against libgphoto2.
8 years 6 months ago #5479
Could it be that the problem arrised because I went to Jessie for installation of Indi 1.1.0 but then changed it back to wheezy for any other updates? It was mentioned in a tutorial to do that actually, but maybe that's problematic?
8 years 6 months ago #5481
Possibly. The tutorial and download sections were updated a few days ago to indicate that only Jessie packages are now offered. So it's better to use Jessie.
8 years 6 months ago #5483
Ok, just to follow up on this. I wiped my previous Raspbian installation and installed Jessy from scratch. Et presto! That totally solved it, apparently the first write-up in that manual was not the best way to about installing 1.1.0, on Raspbian at least that required to really carefully know what package should be Jessy and what not.

All problems seem solved for now, mount has been replaced with a working one and my exposure can pass the 30 seconds mark. ;)
8 years 6 months ago #5528
  • Thank you received: 19
I am running Raspian Jessie with all dependencies and the package from here per the download instructions for Raspian. I am using a Canon T1i and it seems that no matter what settings(raw/large fine jpg/ local or client) I use with indi_gPhoto_ccd I am getting a message of:

"Driver indi_gphoto_ccd: Failed to set new configuration value (camera busy), retrying..."

This seems to happen with exposures longer than about 5 seconds. I don't see the message in the INDI control panel or Ekos but it appears in the ssh window where I start indiserver. Eventually, most of the time, the image will download. However, last night i tried 20 three minute exposures of the Dumbell Nebula and only managed to get 2 of the twenty images before the camera hung with that message. It was too late to do much troubleshooting.

--Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellriegel
8 years 5 months ago #6120
Darn, I knew I forgot to test something. Now running Ubuntu 15.10, Jessie Pi2, so all should be good, but getting the same message again, am I missing something? Is there a change for 15.10 maybe? Pitty, just when I had a clear night. :)

Nevermind, I updated Pi2, restarted it like 3x and now it's solved. Weird.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Vincent Groenewold.
8 years 4 months ago #6555
Nope, sorry, problem isn't solved. First it failed to download the images, now it does, but I get the bulb warning again meaning I'm back at taking max 30 second images. Could it be something was updated lately that causes this?
8 years 4 months ago #6556
  • Thank you received: 19
I found that the camera wasn't hanging as I first thought it was. Try enabling the debug verbose option for the camera in INDI. You will get a more detailed view of what is going on. If you view the ssh window that you use to start the drivers, you should see updates every few seconds to let you know that the camera isn't hung as well as see the messages you are referring to. When I did it, the countdown timer in the Ekos window wasn't working so I thought it was hanging. It just takes a good while to download the RAW images.....

Jon
8 years 4 months ago #6557
Yeah, I'll be logging it, but I do find it striking. Only thing I changed from when I started this post is to setup Ubuntu 15.10 and reinstall all packages. It seemed the problem then was the fact I had Weezy on my Pi2 instead of Jessy, but now I'm not so sure.
8 years 4 months ago #6559
I'm now reading that Jessy packages are also no longer provided, may that be my problem? Does it mean I should ditch Raspbian alltogether? That would be a bit annoying as it had support for my wifi dongle out of the box and Ubuntu mate doesn't.
8 years 3 months ago #6569
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds