Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
02 Jan 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.6.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Built in guider won't calibrate

Built in guider won't calibrate 1 month 1 day ago #21798

• xsnrg
  • xsnrg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Tried with auto star on and off. Here are my settings screens for the simulator. It is still hanging.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Built in guider won't calibrate 1 month 1 day ago #21799

• xsnrg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
and the scope settings

One other thing just occurred to me. I am having this issue on both machines I have tried it on, but they are both Fedora. I wonder if something could be wrong with the build?
Attachments:

Last Edit: by xsnrg. Reason: thoughts

Built in guider won't calibrate 1 month 1 day ago #21800

How can devices you have in the "Via"? I has a problem similar to this that I fixed in GIT (but not yet published in PPA).

EDIT: Ok I triggered KStars PPA build, see if that resolves this issue for you.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Last Edit: by knro.

Built in guider won't calibrate 1 month 1 day ago #21807

Upgraded via PPA moments ago; Guiding Calibration and Auto Guide works fine. I also notice the Drift Graphics, Drift Plot and RMS fields are now dynamic which wasn't the case earlier.

Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro - ASI1600MM-Cooled - EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - Ekos chained to two Raspberry Pi 3's - KDE Neon - PixInsight

Built in guider won't calibrate 1 month 1 day ago #21808

Are you saying kcobby that you had the Drift Plot on your screen before your last update, but you couldn't zoom in and out on it? That is strange I both added it and made it zoomable in the same patch!

Built in guider won't calibrate 1 month 1 day ago #21809

No rlancaste. I'm saying the Drift Graphic was a flat line, the Drift Plot showed no motion at all (didn't try to zoom previously) and the RMS fields were xxx out. All works super fine now.

Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro - ASI1600MM-Cooled - EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - Ekos chained to two Raspberry Pi 3's - KDE Neon - PixInsight

Built in guider won't calibrate 1 month 1 day ago #21813

• xsnrg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

knro wrote: How can devices you have in the "Via"? .

Yes, so it seems the simulator was not a valid test. That should have been the telescope simulator. With my real equipment, it is set to EQmod mount.

With Fedora, I use the lupinix packages, so will have to wait for him to pick up the change or compile from source. To stay consistent though, I should wait for the package as it would be one less variable. Thanks for looking into this everyone.

Last Edit: by xsnrg. Reason: clarifications

Built in guider won't calibrate 3 weeks 5 days ago #21900

• xsnrg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Tonight, the clouds finally parted, and I was able to set up and try to gather some data. The internal guiding was driving crazy. I had gotten it to work on a laptop, but still not on my main desktop where I do most of my astro work. I think I finally have found a correlation between having the check box selected for dithering when not guiding, and the guiding not calibrating.

My assumption was that if I check this box I would get dithering when I did not have guiding set up. This would be great for shorter exposures. I also figured that if guiding was set up or was being set up, this check box wouldn't do anything. I think I was just using it wrong, or have uncovered a bug. Either way, when I uncheck the box, the guide does the multiple captures and drifting exactly how it used to.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Jim

Built in guider won't calibrate 3 weeks 5 days ago #21907

Ok Thanks for narrowing it up. I found and fixed the issue, should be in 2.9.0 release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xsnrg

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica