The first release of IPARCOS (Indi Protocol Android Remote COntrol Software) is available for download & testing. It features a generic control panel and others specialized tools to easily control your devices.
The project main site is github.com/farom57/IPARCOS/
- Generic control panel compatible with every devices (BLOB not yet supported)
- Control of the telescope motion by means of a directional pad and speed buttons
- Languages: English, French
II. Download and install
- From Google Play:
- Not yet available
- From the .apk file:
- Check the release page on the github project to get the .apk: github.com/farom57/IPARCOS/releases
- You need to allow app installs from unknown sources in Android settings (Settings > Security > Unknown sources)
- Minimum Android version: 4.0.3
- An INDI server must be running on the remote computer.
- You must have a network access to this computer.
- To achieve this, the Android device and the remote computer can be placed on your home network.
- Alternatively, you can create a wireless network with your Android device and connect the remote computer to this network (the PC address is likely to be 192.168.43.71)
- Choose the server address in the list or touch "Add server" to add a new server in the list
- Optionally, you can change the port number if you do not use the default value for the INDI protocol (7624)
- Click on "Connect"
3. Use the generic control panel
- Click on the gear icon in the action bar to display the generic control panel
- Use the tabs to switch between the devices
- The properties of the device are displayed in a list. Click on a property to edit it or show the details.
4. Control the telescope motion
- Click on the icon with four arrows in the action bar to display the telescope motion control panel
- The buttons will be enabled (red) or disabled (grey) depending on the devices features.
- The arrows are enabled if one device provide the TELESCOPE_ABORT_MOTION, TELESCOPE_MOTION_NS and/or TELESCOPE_MOTION_WE properties
- The + and - buttons are enabled if one device provide the standard property to control the speed (TELESCOPE_MOTION_RATE) or the LX200 style property (Slew Rate) or the EQMod style property (SLEWMODE)
- If the device is not connected, the properties may not appears and the buttons will be disabled
IV. Developed by
- Romain Fafet (farom57)
- INDI for Java www.indilib.org/develop/indiforjava.html
The code is released under the GNU General Public License and is available at github.com/farom57/IPARCOS/