INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Omegon Pro Guide 1200M (ToupTek not working on ARM 64 Bit

• Thank you received: 27
Hi,

I have an Omegon Pro 1200M (Touptek clone) and on my RPI4 running Ubuntu 21.10 (64bit) the camera is not recognised by the touptek or omegon driver. (Also tried with Ubuntu 20.04 -> same result)
(latest stable Indi and Kstars)

The only thing that shows in the log file:
[2021-10-04T17:12:38.891 CEST INFO ][           org.kde.kstars.ekos] - "Unable to establish:\n+ ToupCam\nPlease ensure the device is connected and powered on."

The camera works fine on that same rPI/Ubuntu 21.10 from PHD2, so no problem with camera or cables or ToUpcam SDK.

The indi drivers on AMD 64 do recognize the camera and it works. So the problem is specific to ARM64.

Regards,

Paul
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by PDB.
2 years 6 months ago #76313

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I had a similar issue with that cam long time ago, in my case it was power-related: RPI is not able to deliver the 1A required to properly run the camera. Have you checked it?
2 years 6 months ago #76318

Well as i said the camera works ok with PHD2 on that same rPI. And also if I connect it over a POWERED pegasus Ultimate power box v2, same problem.
The pI is headless, so minimal config: no display, no keyboard, no mouse.

I must admit the camera is not worth the money. Time out errors in PHD2 occur frequently ( also on my desktop PC) Probably the camera handling in PHD2 is not rocksolid. With indi drivers on AMD64 it looked more stable.

Paul
2 years 6 months ago #76319

• Thank you received: 1
on PC is solid: nothing special but it works. I had it working properly on rpi using a DC-DC 1A converter but in general is not worth the trouble. If able consider returning it for a simpe ASI120MM: it's worth the money
2 years 6 months ago #76320

Hi,

on AMD/Intel the camera seems to work solid with indi. (PHD2 has some timeouts, so probably implermentation not 100% ok)

as for ARM64 traced down the problem to this call in the indi_toupcam_driver: int iConnectedCamerasCount = FP(EnumV2(pCameraInfo));
it returns -2147467259  (according to SDK doc evaluating cameras should not return negative numbers) Looks like something wrong with data structures of variable types for arm64

Regards,

Paul
2 years 6 months ago #76358

Time to create page: 0.678 seconds