Major INDI Library release v1.9.0 bring significant internal changes championed by @pawel-soja to modernize core INDI Library drivers and clients. New drivers for DeepSkyDad Flat Panel & Pegasus devices plus further improvements to PCM8 drivers.
Just as a heads up, I have some changes in my repository (master branch) which I haven't yet pushed to libindi.
- Weather support for setting temperature/humidity/pressure, values will be overridden in OnStep by any sensor values.
- Ability to swap primary focuser. (This will change which one is listed in the focuser lists, and supports future focusers based on OnStepX plans)
- High precision on location, and not overridding GPS even when marked for Mount > KStars.
- Added Rotator & De-Rotator Support
- TMC_SPI status reported (RAW) on the Status Tab. (ST = Standstill, Ox = open load A/B, Gx = grounded A/B, OT = Overtemp Shutdown, PW = Overtemp Prewarning)
The 3rd one, involved some changes to lx200 adding a flag, thinking that TeenAstro could use it as well, but apparently the slightly different high precision commands were added after the fork. As such, I am undecided on leaving it as is, or pulling that and doing a purely OnStep version (leaving the base lx200 alone.)
If people can test, especially people with de-rotators, I'd appreciate it.
Copying my old todo:
1. Changing the MaxRate replacement (degrees per sec)
Question on this: Would people prefer a settable 50-200%, as Degrees per sec, or the 50,75, 100, 150, 200%?
2. Intervolometer support
(Might be a priority, simply because I have some D5100s, and if I could trigger them as well as the main one in Ekos, that'd be handy until the Ekos/Kstars Imaging train gets done.)
3. Focuser Changes
4. Dew heater 5. Weather support. (Read BME280/etc)
6. Tangent arm support (Plate solve then adjust?)
7. Check backlash values (Changed to allowed to 3600)
8. DC Focuser support (Not sure if that works already or not?) Might need someone who has one to help with this. 9. TMC_SPI reporting support. (I got one for testing, and finally went to put it in on this cloudy night. I unfortunately missed the: You have to have both axis be SPI if one is, so this will be working at some point, but when is a big question. Oops.)
10. Equivalent of MoveAxis support to allow for following satellites. (Kstars issue more likely than OnStep directly, as the custom rates are added in, but Kstars doesn't have a way to send the rates/information, AFAIK)
11. PEC Import/Export
I've got a question regarding a combination of OnStep Indi driver which I'm using with PHD2.
When The calibration part was done, the driver crashed at what looks like some number conversion function, here is the log:
2021-05-13T01:06:11: Client 12: new arrival from 127.0.0.1:34670 - welcome!
2021-05-13T01:06:11: Client 13: new arrival from 127.0.0.1:34672 - welcome!
2021-05-13T01:06:14: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: Decoder reset crop
2021-05-13T01:06:14: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: Decoder allocBuffers cropping false
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Driver indi_lx200_OnStep: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Driver indi_lx200_OnStep: what(): stod
Child process 6950 died
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Driver indi_lx200_OnStep: stderr EOF
<delProperty device="LX200 OnStep"/>
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Driver indi_lx200_OnStep: restart #1
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Driver indi_lx200_OnStep: pid=7267 rfd=4 wfd=14 efd=15
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Client 13: read EOF
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Client 13: shut down complete - bye!
2021-05-13T01:08:33: Driver indi_lx200_OnStep: initializing from LX200 OnStep device...
I guess this looks like a bug, which is I guess unlikely given that I'm probably not the only person using OnStep and Indi/PHD2.
How can I debug this further?
Also, apologies for jumping this thread, but I'm under the impression all questions and issues for OnStep driver go here.
I also using OnStep with KStars/INDI.
I run KStars on a regular laptop with Xubuntu 18.04, and use Jasem's PPA repositories.
The repository has been stable since the new version was released, and a bug was fixed overnight after the release (can't remember which component. Maybe it was OnStep crashing like you see).
Are you on an Intel Linux? If so do you use Jasem's PPA repo?
If you are on an RPi or some other platform, things may be different there ...
I've been using the indi OnStep plugin for a while and had no problem with it, it only crashes when PHD2 is finishing calibration. I tried both on Intel and on Astroberry and the behaviour is the same.
Is there a way to see/log all the communication between PHD2 and Indi driver to see which specific command causes it? I guess I can try to run tcpdump on localhost and analyze that, but perhaps there is an easier way.
On intel I did run the latest version of the plugin from Jasem's repo, on Astroberry it was what it came with, I tried upgrading but it caused the driver to stop working so I probably upgraded it incorrectly.
Just (2021-05-27) git pulled repos, indi_lx200_onstep was new with focuser swap code added. Rebuilt all and initially OnStep, and my two cameras (QHY, ZWO) all came up.About 15 seconds later OnStep crashed. I am including the debug log. Crashes stop forward progress
Anything anybody can do/advise would be appreciated.Thanks,Jack
May be you were an idiot, I'm still one
You really do a nice job.
It is now three times I try to pull request just a little change and cannot because I am lost in all the git labyrinth!
Hope the last try is the good one.
I got tired of waiting for your changes to percolate through to git hub so I pulled them from git.hub/james-lan
No more crashing seems to work but ... the communications back to Ekos is slow as molasses. If I tell it to slew or park for that matter
the scope starts (a tad slower than what I remember) but once started it moves fine gets to its position and we wait like 30 seconds for Ekos
to register anything - like the red bulls eye on a star or the Red Park label.