INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler breaks on multiple flats jobs

• Thank you received: 6
I collect flats each morning for each filter used during the night. I have a sequence file for that with 3 jobs for B/G/R filters configured as wall flats. I then add that sequence at the end of my schedule with target name set to date ("231110" in this case), so that the files end up in distinct folders. The B filter works fine. The rest, G and R, lose the target prefix and end up in the same folder every day. At least the counter is persistent so I don't lose yesterday's flats, but they all are in the same folder. (But it can't track the progress and keeps spinning in this job capturing more and more G and R flats until I stop it manually.) This behavior did not change in the last version. It was broken at least since 3.6.6, maybe even earlier.
See the logs. Scroll to circa 10:22:50. All the B images before that point had "seq prefix = 231110_Flat_B" and captured correctly. The G probe captures also have good looking prefix but as soon as it figured the right exposure and started saving images, it reverted to "seq prefix = Flat_G" and never went back. Same happens later for R.

File Attachment:

File Name: flats-log.zip
File Size:1,366 KB
5 months 4 weeks ago #97086
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
A couple of questions, Konstantin:
- on which version are you working?
- could you please share your scheduler and capture files?

Cheers
Wolfgang
5 months 3 weeks ago #97141

3.6.7 Build: 2023-10-14T21:36:52Z, the latest from Ubuntu PPA. I saw this issue in 3.6.6 too, each night when I did RGB.

File Attachment:

File Name: 231111.zip
File Size:3 KB
5 months 3 weeks ago #97142
Attachments:

I caught an even better one last night! I only shot H subs, so only one simple flats job at the end. But instead of having the '231115' prefix from the schedule's target name it borrowed the 'Rosette_11' prefix from the last executed lights job. This simple scenario used to work fine before and I had no updates last days. The only new thing last night was that my schedule has two groups of jobs cycling through each for a few hours.

File Attachment:

File Name: 231115.zip
File Size:1,033 KB
5 months 3 weeks ago #97170
Attachments:

Konstantin,
it took a while until I got your setup working - and I found a bug that needed to be fixed first. Meanwhile I understand the problem, but I cannot reproduce it. There have been changes to the logic of loading esq files, therefore I guess these changes have already fixed the problem that you experienced.

I would therefore recommend using the latest build and updating the flats esq files. Especially the H.esq file, which is the oldest one.

HTH
Wolfgang
5 months 2 weeks ago #97291

What exactly should I update in the esq file?
5 months 2 weeks ago #97292

Best is when you create them new from scratch, but please with the most recent build. Ideally you wait until MR!1048 has been merged.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97293

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds