INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help

1 year 2 months ago
Doug6952
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help #40855
Jasem,

I noticed that about the focuser and solver running at the same time. I was only running one at a time. Not sure why they are both running.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago
Doug6952
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help #40856
The problem with both running at the same time may have been because I was enabling astrometry in the indi panel.
I flashed my sd card again with 1.4.2. Uninstalled kstars from my laptop and deleted any remaining folders I could find related to kstars. Installed kstars back on my laptop and tried again.

Remote astrometry works everytime now.

1 year 2 months ago
RugbyRene
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to plate solve - Astrometry keeps failing.....help #40930

knro wrote: Michael,

Thanks for all the screenshots. I'm sure this would help quite a few users.

One note about the astrometry INDI driver, you don't need to interact with it directly. Ekos enables/disable the driver when there is a solve to perform.

In KStars v3.3.2 release a few days ago, I disabled the <strong>nofits2fits</strong> option by default now since most users are now interacting with a more recent astrometry.net build. If nofits2fits is checked, uncheck it or upgrade to the latest KStars (which fixes also other minor bugs).

I just tested astrometry with simulators on both Windows + Linux:

1. Using ANSVR
2. From Windows to remote StellarMate
3. From Linux to remote StellarMate
4. From Linux as offline

All worked just fine using a variety of settings (binning, dark frame, exposure, different focal lengths). I noticed from the log a repeated error:

<code>
Failed to read xylist field.
</code>

This appears to be the outstanding error. Also, I noticed autofocus was running at the same time using the solver? That's not a good idea and can lead to all kind of issues.

Hi Jasem,

I upgraded as well and still can't get the simulator to solve. Would you be able to post some screenshots showing the settings you used?

Rene

Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6
Sky-Watcher Black Diamond ED80
Meade 8" LX-90
Sky-Watcher EvoGuide 50 (guide-scope)
ZWO ASI290MC (non-cooled primary camera)
ZWO ASI120MM mini (guiding)
Canon EOS 7D

Time to create page: 0.849 seconds