INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

“Slew to Target” slew speed is too slow. Can it be adjusted?

• Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone,

When testing out my rig last night, when I tried to use “Slew to Target” in the Alignment Module, the mount would move too slowly to be able to successfully get the alignment error to within 30 arcseconds in the specified 30 iteration limit. My initial alignment error was 10,000 arcseconds, but each iterative mount slew after i+1 was so small that it couldn’t possibly reduce this down by the 30th iteration. What I mean by that is, the solver indicated an error of 10,000 arcseconds, but only commanded a corrective movement of like 100 arcseconds at a time.

In the past when slew to target was successful (on an earlier Kstars build), for an equivalent pointing error of 10,000 arcseconds, the iterative slews were both larger and commanded at a faster slew rate.

Is there a setting somewhere that adjusts the aggressiveness of the slew corrections?
Mount: Skywatcher EQM-35 Pro
Main Imager: ZWO 183MC Uncooled
Guider1: SSAG (Retired)
Guider2: ZWO 120mm mini
Telescope: Celestron 6” SCT with Hyperstar
3 years 4 months ago #64110

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Go to the tab of your mount in the INDI config popup and inspect the sub-tabs one by one. You should be able to set the mac slew speed there. Then go to the Options sub-tab and click save.

Wouter
3 years 4 months ago #64113

Thanks, I’ll look through it again tonight. Curiously, if I manually slewed using Mount Control, it would do it at full speed. So I’m hoping there’s a setting that exclusively adjusts the alignment slew rate.
3 years 4 months ago #64124

• Thank you received: 420
Yes Mount Control allows for independent adjustment for the slew speed. If you set it globally in the INDI Control Panel then Mount Control will be updated accordingly.

Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake Grimsrud
3 years 4 months ago #64126

Perfect. That also explains why I was having to constantly raise my slew speed in Mount Control every time I opened a new session of Kstars. Thank you!!!
3 years 4 months ago #64129

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds