INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New All Sky camera management software: indi-allsky

• Thank you received: 4
Hi Aaron,

would it be possible to implement a function to show the histogram of a definable ROI in the image and not the complete image. Would help with manually finding the correct white balance more easily.

CS, Markus
3 weeks 4 days ago #100087

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 66
I just reviewed the code and it already only provides the histogram for the central 50% region of the image. This is currently hard coded.

I just merged a change that uses the SQM Region of Interest setting or loads the detection mask for the SQM values. The histogram displayed will now match the area of the SQM detection.
3 weeks 4 days ago #100097

Hi Aaron,

thank you so much. It works very well. I finally got a good daylight wihite balance with just the manual settings. Btw. Switching on AWB or SNCR throws the WB off and makes it worse.

early afternoon settings for Pi HQ camera:

Red Balance Factor
Green Balance Factor
Blue Balance Factor

CS, Markus
3 weeks 1 day ago #100173

did some further research about color temperature (white balance) for day and night sky. There is an interesting paper about the Color of the night skycolor of the night sky . And another one for the daytime dependend color temperature between sunrise and sunset www.researchgate.net/publication/3287269...or_augmented_reality
Combining the two results, it should be possible to approximately set a reasonable white balance for allsky pictures without actually measuring it or using the unreliable automatic functions.

CS, Markus
3 weeks 1 day ago #100175

There is a lot that can go into figuring out the correct color balance. For instance, the imx477 comes in two varieties, the most popular has an IR-Cut filter, but there is also a version that does not (you can also manually remove the filter as I have done in mine). Some cameras do not have them, but the lens has one built in. Cameras without an IR-Cut filter will have much higher values in the red channel.

Other cameras just have a completely different color sensitivity curve... some extend much further in the IR range like the imx462.
3 weeks 12 hours ago #100202

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,
For those of you who might be interested, I made a modification to the cloud detection app I developed based on AI (CNN), back in 2022.
At the request of some users, I have modified the app so that input parameters can be loaded from a .csv file instead of dialog windows. This allows for a more autonomous start-up of the process, without the need for human intervention. I am sharing a bundled .exe file that can be run in Windows, and a .py file to run in a proper python environment.
For details please check my website at: www.pampaskies.com/gallery3/Equipment/Al...-Condition-Detection

CS
Ignacio
2 weeks 2 days ago #100285

• Thank you received: 0
Hey guys.

I installed indi allsky on a raspberry pi 4. I have the indi-player one driver installed, but allsky only loads the simulated ccd. What do I have to do to load the player one driver? Thanks.
1 week 1 day ago #100407

Re-run setup.sh and re-define the indiserver with indi_playerone_ccd . There is also a dedicated script to perform this action: ./misc/change_camera.sh I would suggest rebooting once done.
1 week 21 hours ago #100431

I apologize for my lack of knowledge. How do I reset indi server for Player one? I'm going to run the script. Thank you very much.
1 week 18 hours ago #100433

Just run "./misc/change_camera.sh" and select indi_playerone_ccd and then reboot.
6 days 12 hours ago #100456

Hello! I resolved it by installing Ubuntu instead of Raspiberry OS. In Rasp the only drive that appeared was the simulator. This time the indi drivers were loaded correctly. Thanks.
6 days 11 hours ago #100461

It sounds like you only built the core INDI library. You would have had to build the 3rd-party repo to get the additional drivers. I will work on making my instructions less confusing.
6 days 7 hours ago #100462

Time to create page: 1.501 seconds