INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus UPB focusing

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,
I have an issue getting my focuser to work properly in EKOS. If anyone can help I'd be most grateful.
I have a RPi4 with Stellarmate OS installed, which is working fine. I've got all the equipment talking to the right places and can remote in to it from Windows or Linux based pc's.
I have a Pegasus UPB (v1) with the Pegasus stepper motor that came with it attached to my gear. I can set the Absolute position and adjust the Relative position using the focuser section of the UPB in INDI control panel.
What I can't do is..... use it properly in EKOS.
It will move to an Absolute position if I type that figure in to the box near the top of the focusing section.
If I press the focus in/focus out buttons it moves to position 50 (absolute), which is the figure I have typed in to the step size box. It is my assumption (quite possibly wrong) that pressing the focus in/out buttons should move the focuser by only 50 steps ?? (focuser was at position 5000 and racked all the way in to position 50 when I tried this)
Autofocus does not work either. It starts the routine and apparently sends a signal to the focuser to move.....the focuser does not move and the autofocus routine just hangs at that point.

Is this just a setting I am missing somewhere ? I also don't see anywhere within EKOS or INDI that reports the current focuser position.
Final question.....Should the temperature section (focus tab of Pegasus UPB within the INDI control panel) be populated or should I go by the temperature in the "environment" tab for the Pegasus UPB ?

Many Thanks in advance.
Jack
4 years 5 months ago #45808

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds