Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
25 Jul 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.4 on 2018-07-25. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released!

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 1 year 18 hours ago #19615

  • nmac
  • nmac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 311
  • Karma: 2
  • Thank you received: 62
I also saw it somewhere, but both of them are happening , first this one and after that the blueish one that poison reported.

Also the blueish thing is happening with english language so maybe it's not related to language setting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(PT) SC@ROS Observatory
x86_64 Atom PC / TS 6" F4 Newtonian / Canon 550D / GPU CC / Datyson T7M / Arduino Moonlite DC Clone- HEQ5 Pro
x86_64 C2D / Explore Scientific ES80480 / Atik 420m / ES FF 2" / ASI120MM - Arduino Moonlite DC Clone - Vixen GPD2
www.flickr.com/photos/139335144@N03/
Last Edit: by nmac.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 1 year 14 hours ago #19619

I've seen some weird behaviour (on OSX) when zooming in and out specifically, but am not sure it's the same problem. I'm using the overlay indeed and zooming in or out a bit fixes it so didn't really find it very annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 4 weeks ago #19730

rlancaste wrote: Try turning off HIPS and see if that makes the problem stop. The HIPS setting is in the toolbar. Just set it to "none." The log is full of entries that say that the HIPS source is not available.


Yes, that did the trick! Thank you! :woohoo:
However before I changed to "none" under "View -> HiPS", nothing was selected at all!
And now, if I select e.g. "HiPS -> DSS colored" or one of the other two default options all seems working perfectly and it looks just great!

Oliver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 4 weeks ago #19732

supernov wrote: I've seen some weird behaviour (on OSX) when zooming in and out specifically, but am not sure it's the same problem. I'm using the overlay indeed and zooming in or out a bit fixes it so didn't really find it very annoying.


Ok, now I did a few times zoom in and out using the overlay an run into the same "problem". And as supernov mentioned zooming in or out a bit fixes it.

Oliver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 4 weeks ago #19734

Poison wrote:

supernov wrote: I've seen some weird behaviour (on OSX) when zooming in and out specifically, but am not sure it's the same problem. I'm using the overlay indeed and zooming in or out a bit fixes it so didn't really find it very annoying.


Ok, now I did a few times zoom in and out using the overlay an run into the same "problem". And as supernov mentioned zooming in or out a bit fixes it.

Oliver


If what you guys are seeing here is that when you zoom in and out the HIPS image stays the same or lags a little, but then later after you zoom in and out and wait for a minute, it seems to now work properly when you zoom, I think that might be just that you don't yet have the HIPS images for that zoom level downloaded yet. The HIPS images are cached on your computer, but they are downloaded and loaded on demand as well. So the first time you look at an area of sky at a zoom level, it wont have the image(s) ready and needs to load them, but later if you come back to that area and/or zoom level, the image(s) will load almost instantly from the cache. Does this sound like what you are seeing? Increasing the cache size, zooming in and out on regions of interest, and a fast internet connection should all help if it is the problem.

Thanks,

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 2 weeks ago #19958

rlancaste wrote: If what you guys are seeing here is that when you zoom in and out the HIPS image stays the same or lags a little, but then later after you zoom in and out and wait for a minute, it seems to now work properly when you zoom, I think that might be just that you don't yet have the HIPS images for that zoom level downloaded yet.


Yes, you're right. Tested it several times.
Is there a way to download the complete HIPS image?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 2 weeks ago #19962

By the way, I can reproduce a graphics glitch.
When I open "What's interesting" for the first time in a kstars session there is nothing but a white screen.
Then close and open again "What's interesting" and all seems working ok.

Now click on the "eye" icon and voila, there is the glitch.
Closing what's interesting will remove the glitch.

HIPS is deactivated.

All the best,
Oliver
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 2 weeks ago #19963

Before click on the eye icon, choose "clusters"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 2 weeks ago #19966

Poison wrote: By the way, I can reproduce a graphics glitch.
When I open "What's interesting" for the first time in a kstars session there is nothing but a white screen.
Then close and open again "What's interesting" and all seems working ok.

Now click on the "eye" icon and voila, there is the glitch.
Closing what's interesting will remove the glitch.

HIPS is deactivated.

All the best,
Oliver


Yes, I have seen this too. I am not sure what causes it because it did not do that in the past. As far as I know, nothing changed about the way what's interesting gets opened. I will look into it when I get a chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KStars 2.8.3 "Tommy" is released! 11 months 2 weeks ago #19967

Poison wrote:

rlancaste wrote: If what you guys are seeing here is that when you zoom in and out the HIPS image stays the same or lags a little, but then later after you zoom in and out and wait for a minute, it seems to now work properly when you zoom, I think that might be just that you don't yet have the HIPS images for that zoom level downloaded yet.


Yes, you're right. Tested it several times.
Is there a way to download the complete HIPS image?


I don't know. Maybe Jasem or someone else involved with making HIPS could answer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Login



3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!


Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica