INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 120MC -S fits files not opened by ASIStudio FITSViewer

• Thank you received: 17
I am running Kstars 3.5.3 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8 Gb Ram and the Ubuntu 20.04 desktop OS. I have not updated 'anything' in over a year as everything is working just fine. I have two ZWO cameras; a ZWO ASI533 MC - Pro and the ZWO ASI120MC-S. The 533 is my main imaging camera and I have used it successfully for full images (for DSO) and making ROI videos (of the Planets). I use the 120MC on a modified Orion finder scope (9x50), I use it almost entirely for plate solving and aiming the CGEM mount, the fairly wide FOV makes plate solving easy and fast (I guide with an OAG and a Lodestar). However, with the recent Comet (C/2022 E3 (ztf)) I thought I would use the 120 MC-S for some comet imaging. The captures went fine, but after downloading them I am unable to open them with the ASIFitsViewer in ASI Studio_V1.7 (64 bit). I get "Error Opening file - error reading data, 8 bit is not supported." The files open fine n Fits_Liberator and are listed as 16 bit. the Fits header indicates Bayer color pattern - GRBG, but the image statistics indicate only a range of 0-255.

When I captured the images Ekos asked if I was using the "primary scope" (my 9.25" SCT), I indicated no, but I don't see what that would have to do with anything other than image scale.

I load both cameras as just ZWO CCD (in fact in the most current setup I have my SBIG as the main camera, so there is only 1 ZWO camera).

Have I missed something in the camera control panel for setting up the ZWO or is its 12 bit resolution the problem (I have not tried updating the driver since up until now the camera is working for main purpose).

Anyone else seen this issue?

thanks
1 year 2 months ago #90442

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
solved it with settings in device control panel.
1 year 2 months ago #90525

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds