INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Long download times in sequencer for QHY camera

• Thank you received: 18
There is something weird happening with download times with my QHY cameras. Running kstars 3.6.6 and indilib 2.0.3 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I have two setups, both mini pcs with SSD drives (Samsung 970) so drive speed should not be a factor. The cameras are QHY600M and QHY286C and both show the same effect although it is more pronounced on the full frame, larger file,

If I am taking frames for align, focus, or just using preview they download in about 2 seconds (all times are for the QHY600). It does appear that if I do a 300 second preview it takes a little longer to download, closer to 7 seconds. When I run a sequence of 300 second subs they take 30-45 seconds to download which starts to be a pretty long pause. If I then focus I am back to quick downloads. This doesn’t make sense given the image file size doesn’t depend on duration, it is 60MB.

The log files don’t show any anomaly other than noting the download time.

On both setups I am also running QHY guide cameras at the same time. For the QHY600 setup it is an OAG so guiding is paused when focusing so there may be some contention for USB.

I have tried different USB3 cables but it didn’t change anything.

Has anyone seen this, any ideas?
7 months 2 days ago #96000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.909 seconds