INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO1600-C 16 Bitpix Changed to 8 Bitpix - Lost the Night's Images

• Thank you received: 40
My main camera: ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Cooled

Last night while focusing, I noticed the image went to a strange hard contrast image. I thought what is that all about? I did have an overall crash right before focusing. I reboot and started over (happens sometimes).
The focusing worked, I went through all my filters... no failures (except for that strange hard contrast image).

Started taking picture all night. I did notice the histogram was showing very low numbers like 20 vs 20,000 like I'm used to. Though what is that all about? Oh well, the previews look good.
This morning I started stacking and bam... I had 8bit images vs my normal 16.

I was able to fix it this morning by deleting my cameras (adding the simulators in). Then adding them back in.

So... just a word of warning if anyone sees this strangeness to delete/add your cameras back in.

Oh and I did try the "Clear Camera Configuration" button, no change. I even tried switching cameras with my ZWO ASI120 in the dropdown, no change.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 2 months ago #49544

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
You don’t need to delete your cameras or profiles. Start Ekos with the cameras attached and go to the last tab in the configuration editor. There at the bottom you can set the bit depth. You may want to override the *.default config files in the .indi directory in your home dir with the lastly saved ones so this won’t happen anymore.

But yes, it is a big shame that this sometimes happens. As far as I know this was fixed in a previous version of KStars but perhaps this camera was omitted or forgotten about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Tate
4 years 2 months ago #49546

• Thank you received: 40

I really thought I tried that... but I think what I saw was the "Image Info" tab and I saw I couldn't change it. Figured it was reporting what the camera told it.

Thanks!!!
4 years 2 months ago #49554

Time to create page: 0.693 seconds