INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Live Video Debayering resets itself.

• Thank you received: 226
I am having an issue with the Live Video stream window. The debayering setting defaults to ON from the start up of the INDI Server/Drivers. It will forget that I turned it OFF when I stop and restart the INDI server. It does remember the setting between uses, only defaulting back on INDI server restart. I use a DSLR and it took me until the next day to understand the cause of the corrupted video stream.
Experienced with Canon T2i, T3i. GPhoto Driver. KStars Bleeding, Most Recent Release and Stable 3.4.3, built internally with AstroPi3 setup script.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Andrew.
3 years 11 months ago #54487

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just pushed a fix to this. Please recompile and test.
3 years 11 months ago #54498

No luck. The camera driver(s)* now crash on startup of the INDI server.
*Tried running GPhoto and ZWO camera drivers.

Your fix may not be the cause of this new crash. There seems to be an issue when I build non-bleeding version as well now since I tried deleting old build folders for a fresh attempt.
I'll have to sort this out first.
3 years 11 months ago #54508
Attachments:

Most likely the driver is getting linked to older libindi.. find if you have anything in /usr/local and remove it from there. Then recompile and install INDI then indi-3rd party
3 years 11 months ago #54542

I just attempted to compile it again.
What am I looking for in /usr/local exactly?
3 years 11 months ago #54573

I am still having issues compiling to test the fix, but I think I'm on to the reason. While compiling 3rd-party drivers, it errors out on one of them.
/home/pi/AstroRoot/indi-3rdparty/indi-rtklib/rtklib_driver.cpp:25:10: fatal error: rtklib_driver.h: No such file or directory
 #include "rtklib_driver.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [indi-rtklib/CMakeFiles/indi_rtklib.dir/build.make:63: indi-rtklib/CMakeFiles/indi_rtklib.dir/rtklib_driver.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2963: indi-rtklib/CMakeFiles/indi_rtklib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2
3 years 11 months ago #54577

Ok. I have finally made some progress by skipping that driver in the CMake file and can report on the fix.
It appears the debayer fix is working. As the option now appears greyed out entirely, at least with a DSLR.

However there is a new hiccup in relation to my other report regarding KStars crashing on camera disconnect/reconnect here
When I tested that bug, the driver no-longer crashes. But after disconnect/reconnect I tried the live view again and found additional, yet blank, live view window will open along side a functioning live view stream. And each disconnect-reconnect adds an additional window the next time.
3 years 11 months ago #54578

Can confirm this and asked Illa to look into it.

I think I know the reason for the other bug in KStars as well, will look into it now. Thank you so much for this great feedback, it's extremely appreciated and helpful. You have my sincerest gratitude.
3 years 11 months ago #54587

Alright, both issues are fixed now.
3 years 11 months ago #54602

I have just finished compiling and found it is not quite working for me yet. And I believe everything compiled correctly this time.
At this point I can start Indi server with GPhoto, but once I go to connect the camera KStars crashes.
In my log I see
<code>[2020-05-26T16:40:54.320 EDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - All INDI devices are now connected.
[2020-05-26T16:40:54.403 EDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Removing device "GPhoto CCD"</code>
Followed by gibberish.

Apologies. I must still have some issue with compiling reliably lately as I tried compiling a stable version today with the same result.

Edit: Crashing caused by latest GPhoto commit: 5fd1517df58136df61ca5821bd209df5c355682a. When undone, I do not repeat the condition that caused it to crash.
3 years 11 months ago #54628
Attachments:

I must have compiled half a dozen times and restored to earlier backup at least 4 times working on this. I simply could not find any other reason why my compiling would fail, as it had earlier. So I looked at first compiling only KStars. I can say the debayer bug is fixed, and GPhoto did not crash on connect.

Then I compiled only GPhoto driver with latest Git. It crashed on connect. So I looked at compiling an earlier commit of GPhoto, undid the latest commit first, compiled, and saw all worked well.
It no-longer crashes on connect, not disconnect-reconnect. And it does not open multiple Live Stream windows.

So in summary, please undo commit 5fd1517 on indi-gphoto/gphoto_ccd.cpp and we can probably mark this issue Solved :)
3 years 11 months ago #54712

It's fixed now and I verified it.
3 years 11 months ago #54739

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds