INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi with WSL actually works (indi-allsky)

• Thank you received: 66
I can report that INDI will actually run and is able to communicate with cameras via WSL (and usbipd).

Just for giggles, I wanted to see if I could get indi-allsky to run via WSL. Using the Ubuntu-22.04 image in WSL, I was able to directly run my default setup.sh script with no changes and everything was detected and installed as if were running on a standard Intel/amd64 Linux system.

What I found the most surprising was the standard INDI apt repo just worked. <strong>The Linux based Ubuntu packages for amd64 installed and operated with no modifications!</strong>

I did have to map the camera (ASI120) using the usbipd method and I had a little screwiness with DBUS/systemd, but indi-allsky was basically fully functional with no modifications.
10 months 2 weeks ago #93419

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Was it wsl or wsl2?
10 months 1 week ago #93453

• Thank you received: 66
wsl2 I believe. I was initially trying to deploy indi-allsky via docker desktop (with wsl2), but I kept running into errors when building with docker-compose. After that, I just tried running on the bare wsl2 VM thinking "there is no way this will work".

I only tried the indi apps and an indi client (indi-allsky) which is CLI only. I have read there is support for running linux GUI apps with WSL, so there is a reasonable chance Kstars/EKOS could work out of the box. I am currently out of town, I will try it once I get back.
10 months 1 week ago #93458

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds