INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI needs a new apt repository for Debian ARM (Raspberry Pi)

• Thank you received: 66
We have a rather large gap in availability of packages for a not insignificant number of Debian users. Now that Astroberry is no longer maintained and Debian 11 has superseded 10, there is no longer a place for Raspberry Pi users running Raspbian to install indi and kstars packages.

In addition to the arm64 platform, there really needs to be armhf binaries (at least for indi, obviously it will not work for Kstars).

I am more than willing to volunteer my time to try to try to set something up, I just want to make sure I am not missing another resource out there.
10 months 2 days ago #93663

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
How about nix package manager? I believe it has recent version of INDI and should be available for Debian. Best part is that it supports very easy rollbacks which is very useful in case if some issue was introduced after an update.
10 months 2 days ago #93667

• Thank you received: 33
I agree.
BTW, have you looked at this post indilib.org/forum/general/12964-astroarc...raphy-for-arm64.html
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 10 months 1 day ago by AstroMuni.
10 months 1 day ago #93669

The Debian 11 (bullseye) repos contain indi 1.8.8 which is 2.5 years old and does not contain any of the 3rdparty drivers (ASI, QHY, etc).
10 months 1 day ago #93673

I have read about AstroArch. I will probably get around to testing it with indi-allsky soon. However, AstroArch is 64-bit only, which is fine... any new distribution should be 64-bit only.

There are still a few 32-bit ARM users out there, (Raspberry Pi Zero mostly) that would not be able to run AstroArch.
10 months 1 day ago #93674

• Thank you received: 14
Not just for RPi...... I recently was playing with my OrangePi 3 LTS and installed Debian and could not get the recent Indi/Ekos installed on it. There were a load of missing dependencies.
Ended up having to put Ubuntu on and it worked fine. Was playing (and had installed) Armbian on it, but apparently the most recent updates for it no longer support the WiFi.
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I also run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
Last edit: 10 months 1 day ago by Tracy Perry.
10 months 1 day ago #93682

Time to create page: 0.861 seconds