Driver OnStep (LX200 like) for INDI

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Alain
pictures of the board attached. Board isn't isolated from box so a bit obscured. I can send pictures of the isolated board if you want them.

Andrew
8 months 1 week ago #95678
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 71
Wondefull, Pictuires are clear enough.

At least the good thing is that they match with the Flashing manual provided by Terrans on their download site.
Normally with the latest firmware you are on the safe side for flashing the ESP8206 (WiFi) and the ESP32 (OnStep) following the adequate manual.
They seem really accurate for what concerns the flashing procedure but it requires Windows (if you use their tools)
I am ready to assist you in this process.
The best is always to make a backup of the existing firmware, hoping they didn't burn the protection fuse bits.
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Alain Zwingelstein.
8 months 1 week ago #95681

• Thank you received: 7
I have a same problem with OnstepX 10.17g, since everything worked with the previous version, also the 0.5-2 guide doesn't work.
Ettore
8 months 1 week ago #95691

You mean the "Communication: Ft# error, check connection" and with a "Terrans OnStep" ?

What do you mean by the "0.5-2 guide"?
8 months 1 week ago #95694

INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Hello Alan, Using the autoguider at speeds from 0.5 to 2x the mount moves only in one direction and does not reverse direction. If I use from 4 onwards everything is normal.

In Kstars the alignment procedure no longer works as it freezes after the first plate solving. I use OnStepX with Fystc S 6 V. 2.0
Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Ettore.
8 months 1 week ago #95717

In fact it has nothing related to the "Ft#" error message but you experience trouble since you have upgraded OnStep to 10.17.g!
this version was released 2023-09-08.
lx200_OnStep driver last change was 1.19 for about 6 months as a consequence the error is not the cause of the driver but must come either from the Firmware, and update of Kstars ot other indi related things.
Stellarsolver has had some changes recently, kstars too now it depends which versions you are running
8 months 1 week ago #95720

Hello Alan Kstars is last 3.6.6 and Indi is 2.0.3 Master.
Ettore
P.s. this evening try comunications
8 months 1 week ago #95723

Hi,

I made some tests with latest builds
Looks like plate solving is running

as soon I have set-up a new OnStepX I will test again
8 months 1 week ago #95725
Attachments:

Alan try polar aligment.
Ettore
8 months 1 week ago #95734

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• Thank you received: 6
Hello,
It seems that the firmware for the Terrans Onstep Exos2 v4 has several issues. I've purchased both the Pro and Lite versions and encountered many of the problems you mentioned. The Pro version also displays the same warning. When using the arrow buttons, both controllers stop slewing after a few seconds, and the polar alignment process gets stuck during the initial movement.

Is it safe to update the ESP32 with the official firmware? I do have the RTC chip available, but I'm concerned about bricking the device. Can I revert to the stock firmware from the website if something goes wrong?
8 months 1 week ago #95759

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds