INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indidevice/property strange behaviour with phd2

• Thank you received: 0
I have observed some strange behaviour with phd2 and indi server when properties are saved via the indi gui using Linux.

To be specific. If start from everything off and connect the server and then phd2 I can drive my scope mount (AstroTechTracker) DEC and RA.
If I start from everything off and connect first my Planetarium app and my camera app (ccdciel) then connect phd2 I can view my guide scope images but I can't control my scope mount.

I notice that from phd2 if I save the INDI properties I get strings and numbers surrounded by a single quote for example:
<newSwitchVector device='LX200 OpenAstroTech' name='DEVICE_BAUD_RATE'>
  <oneSwitch name='9600'>
      Off
  </oneSwitch>
  <oneSwitch name='19200'>
      On
  </oneSwitch>
If instead I use my camera app (ccdciel) or my Planetarium app I get the same information surrounded by double quote:
<newSwitchVector device="LX200 OpenAstroTech" name="DEVICE_BAUD_RATE">
        <oneSwitch name="9600">
Off
        </oneSwitch>
        <oneSwitch name="19200">
On
        </oneSwitch>

If have indi configuration saved with double quotes no matter how I start my rig I cant control the AstroTechTracker DEC and RA from phd2.

To recover my system I have a backup folder with the configuration with single quotes that I overwrite the .indi/* folder with and then I can start from everything off and connect the server and then phd2.. everything works again.

I think that this is an issue with phd2 saving the indi device properties with single quote and being unable to read the properties returned with double quotes. I suspect that this is Linux only.

Any comments:

Peter.
3 months 1 week ago #98134

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
by switching on the debug on the INDI driver for the AstroTechTracker I have confirmed that this is not an issue!

basically my phd2 configuration set an option "Use Pulse Cmd" off and that suits the rather old version of the firmware I have for the AstroTechTracker. However when I start my rig with a different application for example the Cartes du Ciel ccdciel software that switched this option on. By looking at the driver debug I worked out that the two applications (phd2 and ccdciel) were attempting to use different guide mechanisms so I can now reconfigure both application to use the same mechanism and the original problem is solved.

phd2 saves the INDI properties with single quote and the other applications save the INDI properties with double quotes but both styles of configuration file work.
3 months 1 week ago #98200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds