INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ScopeDome connection issues (again)

• Thank you received: 0
Hi All,
After two years successfully using the stellarmate OS with my configuration I have increasing problems with connecting to my ScopeDome Arduino card (FW version 6.1)
I'm using the LAN interface of the dome and sometimes it needed a couple of attempts to connect which did not concern me that much since it always worked sooner or later.
After I've updated to Stellarmate OS 1.7.8 (indi version 2.0.3) I get a connection only sporadically. The behavior is kind of erratic, sometimes it just works, sometimes the driver crashes immediately and sometimes kstars crashes as well. In some cases the driver stays up but the connection cannot be established and the driver crashes after like 3 or 4 attempts to connect.
I've attached three logs: one succesful connection, one with both driver and kstars crash. One with crashing driver after three connection attempts.
I really love stallarmate and don't want to go back to Windows; any help would be highly appreciated.

CS,
Gorden

File Attachment:

File Name: log_18-41-...rash.txt
File Size:73 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-44-...rash.txt
File Size:26 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_18-44-...cess.txt
File Size:298 KB
8 months 1 week ago #94975
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can you please run your profile via Ekos Debugger ? If the driver crashes then the crash log would provide more useful data to diagnose the issue.
8 months 1 week ago #94989

Here is the log from the EKOS debugger. When I start the profile using the debugger the dome driver did not crash. I think this is because the connection to the dome was not established. I then connected a remote kstars installation to the running indiserver and tried to establish the dome connection in the indi driver panel by clicking connect which forced the driver to crash and as I would guess from the different PID of the indiserver before and after the test, the indi server crashed, too.

Thank you,
Gorden

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_logs_...2-26.zip
File Size:5 KB
8 months 1 week ago #94993
Attachments:

Thank you for the log. It was useful but need more investigation. Please submit a ticket to StellarMate support.
8 months 1 week ago #94995

Thank you, I opened the ticket.
8 months 1 week ago #95001

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds