INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

WISHLIST: Dome slit in Kstars

• Thank you received: 33
Is there an option to visualise the Dome slit in the Kstars sky map? So as it tracks the mount the slit would move accordingly?
I am visualising it similar to an FOV rectangle but controlled by the dome.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 7 months 2 days ago by AstroMuni.
7 months 4 days ago #96006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

bump
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96430

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by nou on topic WISHLIST: Dome slit in Kstars

How exactly it should work? Because if you draw dome slit as viewed from center of dome then telescope direction would be out of aligment 90% of time. I don't see it would be any use.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96447

As the dome slit needs to be in sync with the mount, it would make sense to be able to see on screen if the scope(s) fit into the slit. (Its a pity you cant the guidescope FOV atm, but thats another wishlist :-) ) So in my head, the dome would portray the slit and the mount control would show you camera's current position both within the slit and with sky background. Does that make sense? Its probably going to look something like this when the horizon is level, I guess.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

Last edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
6 months 2 weeks ago #96501
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.721 seconds