INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Temporary fits files being left in /tmp when plate solving

• Thank you received: 12
I’ve been tinkering with my astroberrys setup and configured /tmp to be a tmpfs file system. The idea was to stop plate solving writing temporary image files to my SD card.

That all seems to have worked fine except I’ve noticed that every time it does a plate solve ekos leaves the captured image in /tmp. I was expecting it to delete them like it does the .ini files it uses in the process. This would mean it eventually runs out of space and as I’m allocating only 200m of space probably reasonably quickly.

Is this a known problem or is there a setting somewhere that tells ekos to delete the file?
2 years 1 month ago #82121

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Ok I think I can see what’s wrong. In align.cpp there’s some lines which removes previous temporary files used by the solver. Unfortunately the setNamesFilter is looking for files matching fits* or tmp.* while the files are actually of the form solver*.fits. Just tried creating some files in /tmp matching the current filter and they disappeared when I ran the platesolving.

How do I raise a bug report or whatever and is there a guide to how to submit code fixes?
2 years 1 month ago #82123
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds