INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar align: plate solver abort due to mount position jump

• Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I hope someone has a good idea to help me solve some strange behavior that actually makes polar align quite a pain.

I use stellar-mate on a raspberry Pi4. My mount is a Star Adventurer 2i - so actually no GoTo functionality. I use the polar align module with manual slew.

Now here is my problem:
When I start the PA routine my mount position jumps randomly to some position quite far away from Polaris. As a consequence already with the first image the plate solving fails.

However, I am able to work around this: If I start the PA routine, quickly jump to K-Stars and manually sync the mount position to Polaris, plate solving would succeed and I am able to continue. From there on there is no further need to repeat this. So this is only happing wehen I start the PA routine. Maybe also worth mentioning: If I just klick on the capture&solve button with "sync" active, it also has NOT this problem. This makes me think that I missed to tick some check related to the PA routine. But unfortunately I was not able to figure out which one.

Maybe I should also mention that this happens also with the stellar mate mobile app. However there obviously I have no chance to use the workaround so this renders the mobile application actually useless for me and I am stuck with the VNC connection.

Has anyone an idea where I should look at? Or is this maybe some behavior that is related to the fact that my mount has no GoTo and this confuses Ecos?
1 year 9 months ago #84640

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds