INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars wrong goto direction

• Thank you received: 3
This is a repost from OAT discord, because this is maybe more related to ekos than OAT.

Tonight I had massive problems with GOTO and tracking.
I previously managed to shoot around 60 frames of C 2022 E3 comet with good results. Back then I took only 20s exposures but with 300mm there should have been considerable light trails if the tracking wouldn't had worked properly. Also the GOTO feature worked on the second try. I think I back then had to solve one image manually and sync the mount on KStars to make the goto find the comet. But again, with 300mm lens, it wasn't propably a coincidence that it found the comet.

Tonight I went outside and started setting up stuff. After a somewhat proper polar alignment, I tried to drive the camera towards Andromeda. Then what happened was that the mount turned in a completely random looking direction, which was below the horizon and more towards W than NW where it should have been. Then after another try with first homing the mount physically and then with the python script, the goto feature towards Andromeda ended up pretty much straight towards South and again below the horizon.

Also after I manually drove the mount towards NW, a 10s exposure had major star trails as if the tracking speed would have been way too fast.

I checked the calibration instructions and rising RA by +1h the ring turns counterclockwise pretty much exactly from one mark to other. And when decreasing DEC angle by 45deg, the camera raises from one DEC ring pole to next one.

Then I connected my OAT cable to my windows desktop and tried to slew to manually given coordinates using OATControl and to me it looked just fine! So it strongly suggests that the mount is configured just fine and the problem is somewhere between my OAT and the user, so in Astroberry - INDI/Ekos/KStars pipeline.

Here's a visual bug report I built:
1 year 2 months ago #90438

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds