INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Failure to move mount with Imaging Train defined

• Thank you received: 0
I have been working with KStars/Ekos/INDI for about 5 years now and I love this stuff. I have even created custom focusers for several of my telescopes, but now, I am running into a peculiar issue that seems to be related to the imaging trains feature.

My gear setup is:

* Primary Telescope
* Primary Camera
* Focuser
* Guide Camera
* Guide Telescope
* Mount (Skywatcher EQ-6R using EQMOD)

I define this in the imaging train window and close it. Now, if I do a polar aligment, the mount does not move. I can hear it unpark, but no movement. In fact, I can hear the motors whine. If I manually move the mount using commands in the mount tab, that works fine. I can park it and it will go back to where it needs to be.

If I delete/recreate a new train where the guide camera has no mount defined, it seems to work. But, this too is flakey and sometimes when I come back to the system at later date, it stops working again.

I am running KStars 2023-03-02T22:19:06Z

My question is: What is the proper way to setup my gear in the optical train?

Also, why can't I edit my optical train if I don't select "auto connect" from the INDI configuration manager? If I leave auto-connect off and turn on the "port selector", I can't edit the optical/imaging train.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91865

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check mount speed in PAA? Make sure it's set to max.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91896

• Thank you received: 0
Wow, just got the system back up tonight and double checked. Sure enough, connected with an existing profile, and PAA speed = 1x. Is that a bug? Also, when PAA used to run and you hit stop and it confirmed you wanted to stop, it used to park, is that an option any more?

Also, thanks for the quick reply, I would have been banging my head on the wall again tonight on this.
1 year 2 weeks ago #91990

Time to create page: 2.606 seconds