INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Home vs Park postion ?

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,
something i'm bothered for a long time...and i can't bare it anymore.
It's about mount.
Some offset appeared beetwen RA/DEC position displayed in Ekos/Eqmod and mount position displayed by Kstars.

Example :
right now as my mount is horizontally parked, pointing about to the north : For Ra/DEC, Ekos/Eqmod display : 07h05/127°35 , Kstars displays about : 03h27/52°19 ...
When trying to align, astrometry works, but impossible to use goto, mount look completely upside down...
I tried to purge configuration, to reinit with home vertically pointing telescope to the north pole .... nothing worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards.
Arnaud.

ps : using Kstars 3.6.4 (23/04/12), EQ6 ...
11 months 2 weeks ago #92780

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why are you trying to align from parked position? When you're close the poles, the coordinates (RA) mean almost nothing. Only after you are unparked and slew to a nearby star then you can use alignment.
11 months 2 weeks ago #92781

Hi Jasem,

sure i try to align only unparked, sorry to have been not clear.
Even if, after unpark, i try to align somewhere to the west, for example, this offset between Ekos/Eqmod and Kstars, is still bothering me. Despite i already aligned the mount in a previous evening ...
Is there somewhere hidden eqmod panel configuration to update some position, or any data...?

I'll give you this evening more data.

Have a nice day, for all starting, good night for others .
Arnaud.
11 months 2 weeks ago #92783

To illustrate, here it is screenshot i just took.
My telescope is pointing somewhere in the west, at about 45° of altitude, pointer should be somewhere around perseus. But Kstars pointer, is far away.
And, yes, at the same position displayed by Ekos/EqMod.( I could change subject of this topic).
This offset between the true position of telescope and Kstars / Ekos, doesn't disappear after synchronising, despite synchronise works : every move towards to a new direction an offset is still there. Impossible to use automatic functions. True position is too far from Kstar postions.
After be parked, everything need to be done again. Syncs are unuseful.

Best Regards.
11 months 2 weeks ago #92797
Attachments:

Replied by Arnaud on topic Home vs Park postion ?

Hello,
still bothered by this problem. It seems the Mount, and/or Ekos/Kstars ? is mixing beetwen Park/Home position. My telescope is parked horizontaly.
This procedure found on stellarmate FAQ solve temporary the problem :
- If the mount is not already unparked, unpark it (click the green flag in the toolbar).
- Go to Ekos Mount tab, and click on Purge all configuration. This will clear all settings related to the mount. ekos purge mount config
- Disconnect and Stop Ekos.
- Power off the mount.
- For equatorial mounts, if the mount is not pointed at the celestial pole with the weights down, adjust it manually until you reach this position. For Alt-Azimuth mounts, make sure the mount is in its home position.
- Power on the mount.
- Start the Ekos equipment profile again.
- define a new park position.

I do a new anlignement, and it works well, i can use the Goto which is accurate and reliable.
But when i switch off Kstars/Ekos and power off mount, in 90% of cases, i lost all alignement, if i try to "goto" the mount aiming a wrong position (aiming the floor or opposite direction)...so i redo alignement and goto works localy around my target.

Any idea is welcome :-) i would be happy to use all Ekos automatic functions.

Arnaud.
Last edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Arnaud.
2 months 5 days ago #99276

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds