INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

images saved as .bin files to the wrong drive

• Thank you received: 1
hi. just installed the latest kstars and doing some testing and the images are saved as .bin files
not to the usb drive i put in the save location. did some searching but search is not showing any results.
any suggestions on how to get it to save as fits or xisf format.
9 months 4 weeks ago #93740

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hello,

In fact with just the defaults it should be just fine.

Did you try to save locally? Do you get the same result?

Did you try to format the thumb drive?

9 months 3 weeks ago #93800
Attachments:

Hi. The problem started when I installed the latest version of kstars .
It was a perfectly working setup but auto focus was unreliable so I thought I would give the new focussing routines a go. For some reason I couldn't install the latest version . I upgraded my Linux Mint to Vanessa and while I was at it I formatted the drive with LVM. Following the upgrade the latest version of kstars installed but would only save the images on the main drive as a .bin file. These files were screen shots of the kstars desktop . Very weird. So after a new install of kstars on a standard Linux partition it now works as it should with only four days of grief. Now it's cloudy and rainy. Still trying to see if it was worth the trouble . Hope the focus module works better than the old version .
9 months 3 weeks ago #93816

Hi. I notice on your screen shot of the CCD simulator tab that xisf is an option. This is not available with the latest version I downloaded again last night . I suppose it's not in the qhy driver. It's a shame because it's one of the reasons I started this whole upgrade route along with the improved focus options.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93848

Time to create page: 0.883 seconds