INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focusing module

• Thank you received: 4

Focusing module was created by Len North

KStars Ver 3.6.6 Beta
I see the permissions police have greyed out access to the Filter settings / information window while I am focusing.
This window was very helpful and allowed me to enter changes to my calculated information, now I cannot get read only info.
I still love your work, but read only access still tickles our curiosity.
Len
9 months 1 week ago #94099

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 281

Replied by John on topic Focusing module

Hi Len,

I made the params read only when Autofocus is running to stop people doing things that potentially would crash focus or give unclear results. For example, if half-way through a focus run on Linear, the user selects Linear 1 Pass, or changes the measure from HFR to FWHM, there is no sensible route for Autofocus to take.

Some changes would be "OK", for example, selecting a display property, so could be allowed. Other changes are not OK.

So I took the simple way forward and disabled everything (except the Stop button of course). Bit of a sledge-hammer approach (there are other ways of doing it) but its done in other programs such as PixInsight.

Of course, the intention is not to make things awkward for the user so if there are things that you would like to have enabled I'd be happy to hear about them. I wouldn't want to have endless complexity of field A can be changed for Algorithm X, but not Y, etc etc. So any changes should be simple and the logic of changing them mid-run should be clear and not challenge the integrity of an Autofocus run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Len North
9 months 1 week ago #94100

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Len North on topic Focusing module

John
I have almost lost control of my computers as I cannot quit Kstars at will on my mac.
while monitoring the StellarMate Web Monitor I was compiling a message to the forum, but my frozen web page interfered with my messaging.
This is a new issue for me
On my Ubuntu machine, I cannot conduct a controlled disconnect / shutdown on Stellarmate as the whole EKOS frame is now frozen.
We seem to have lost the open nature of Open Source when we follow restrictive practices and use PixInSight as an example.
Len
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Len North.
9 months 1 week ago #94122

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds