INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Latest 3.6.8 Flat Bug? Hangs

• Thank you received: 16
Tried an imaging session last night with latest 3.6.8 Stable. All functions seemed to work fine - except for flat generation. The last three jobs in my sequence are flats on the three narrow-band filters. First one ran OK, but now every single attempt to generate a flat at all hangs KStars right after the "Turn light box light on..." The progress indicator in the lower right of the Capture Module says "Preparing..." I get the "force quit" dialog from Ubuntu after a short time. Curiously, the log warns about "Always Reset Sequence" enabled, but it is not enabled (screen shot). I have a FlipFlat and have the optical train set correctly (screen shot). If I remove the FlipFlat from the optical train config and close the cover and turn on the light manually, the sequence runs fine. Auto flat calibration and generation used to work great - was adding the cap and light to the optical train new for 3.6.8? Seems to be a significant issue there.
[2023-12-08T08:22:21.589 CST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Warning: option \"Always Reset Sequence When Starting\" is enabled and resets the sequence counts."
[2023-12-08T08:22:21.590 CST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Job requires 2.000-second Ha images, has 0/20 frames captured and will be processed."
[2023-12-08T08:22:21.592 CST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Parking dust cap..."
[2023-12-08T08:22:21.593 CST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Warning: temperature delta check is selected but autofocus process was not started."
[2023-12-08T08:22:22.767 CST INFO ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Flip Flat :  "[INFO] Cover closed. "
[2023-12-08T08:22:22.767 CST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Dust cap parked."
[2023-12-08T08:22:22.768 CST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Light box on."
[2023-12-08T08:22:22.769 CST INFO ][   org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Turn light box light on..."

4 months 2 weeks ago #97516
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Arnaud on topic Latest 3.6.8 Flat Bug? Hangs

Hi, have sometimes the same situation my camera refusing to capture..capture status just displaying "preparing..." . No obvious root cause in logs ...or
Restarting power and Kstars is not always enough to retrieve a fully operational capture module.
Effective on 3.6.9 and previous.
2 months 5 days ago #99261

• Thank you received: 5
Try to uncheck the "take flat at the same focuser position" under the filters menu...
2 months 4 days ago #99279

Hi, i don't use filters, so that's probably why i don't see this option in the ekos "capture" module ?

Best regards.
2 months 4 days ago #99303

• Thank you received: 5
In my experience it was checking the option depicted in the figure that triggered an error similar to yours... if you do not have filters... well, maybe at code level the problem is the same but is triggered somewhere else
2 months 4 days ago #99304
Attachments:

Thanks for the screenshot. I confirm i don't have access to the menu "filter". This error is unpredictable, didn't understood yet what was trigerring it. Yesterday it was working, now it's not...In this example i try just to take Dark..i don't care about focusing...
Last edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Arnaud.
2 months 4 days ago #99305
Attachments:

it seems that opening then closing the telescope cap (snap cap driver) activate the capture...even if it was already close...
Looks like an initialisation bug or something this kind...
The following user(s) said Thank You: AirBourn
2 months 4 days ago #99311

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds