INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AVX mount and HA limits

• Thank you received: 30
I was trying to set tracking limits for my Celestron AVX mount.
The Tooltip for HA limits indicates that this setting only works with mounts correctly reporting pier side.
Then I realize that in the same telescope tab I have an entry saying "Pier side: Unknown"
Does this means the AVX does not report Pier side and thus this mount can not use the HA limits settings?
2 months 3 weeks ago #98788
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ian Jessen on topic AVX mount and HA limits

This is a non-answer to your question, but maybe a workaround - slew limits were added to the Celestron AUX drivers in the most recent release. If you're using the Celestron AUX driver (rather than the older celestrongps) you can set them in the "mount info" tab of the INDI control panel. These limits apply at the lower driver level, and are separate from the Ekos slew limits. Thereby, they apply even when using clients other than Ekos (such as a smartphone app).

If you do use the driver option, please carefully test it, and be aware that disengaging clutches and slewing the mount manually will invalidate the limits!
2 months 3 weeks ago #98801

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by Joaquin on topic AVX mount and HA limits

Thanks for the response.
In fact after star tracking EKOS does show pier side... False alarm.
I should have known (I've been using this system for several years now), but when I update stellarmate I get into a very tense mood and sometimes any noise, real or imagined, triggers a panic attack.

Besides this, your point about the AUX driver is interesting. I remember time ago I was reading posts about it and it had many problems yet.
I see that now there is a extense info on indi about the driver.
It is now fully functional (i.e. as functional as the AVX HC driver) ?
2 months 3 weeks ago #98952

Time to create page: 2.131 seconds