INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cooling Off ASI1600

• Thank you received: 0

Cooling Off ASI1600 was created by Cedric62

Good morning,

I am in version Kstars 3.7.0, Indi 2.0.7 and Libasi 1.34 under Ubuntu Mate 22.04

Since I upgraded to version 3.7.0, I cannot enable cooling after connecting to the camera.
I checked with another program, I can activate the cooling. This is not a hardware problem.
Could you please help me?
3 weeks 1 day ago #100160

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Cooling Off ASI1600

A couple of users reported this but I cannot reproduce (with 178MC-Cooled) on any OS. I tried Linux, MacOS and Windows. Apparently it is a real problem though. Is this with a completely fresh equipment profile?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cedric62
3 weeks 1 day ago #100166

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Bill Tschumy on topic Cooling Off ASI1600

I am having the same issue with an ASI2600MM camera. Cannot enable cooling. I have made new profiles and new optical trains. Happens on macOS as well as on Stellarmate OS. I have sent a log file that will hopefully be useful.
3 weeks 15 hours ago #100184

I believe this has been fixed. Jasem compiled the drivers and push it to the update site. You will need to pull an update to your INDI server machine. It fixed it for me with the ASI2600MM. Hopefully it will fix it for you as well.
2 weeks 6 days ago #100203

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Spartacus on topic Cooling Off ASI1600

Hi All,

I have just created (today) a new setup of Kstars/indi/ekos and have run into the same problem with cooling of my ASI294MCpro not being available. I have tried a number of different OS on the raspberry pi4 and all are similarly afflicted in this version. Here is a list of the observed behaviour.
- The main 294 indi panel does not display any cooling power percentage. The field is completely missing
- The recorded temperature in the indi gui remains at 0.00 (this is not sensing temp at all)
- When I try to set a new target temp in indi this results in no transfer of the set temp to the saved section and when "set" is pressed it actually takes the figure on the Max dT (c/min) section and converts this to a set temp in the verbose debug line at the bottom. However nothing does get set in actuality
- also trying to set new parameters in the control section of the indi camera gui seems to save, in that the info does change on "setting", to the saved area in the gui but this information is subsequently lost and reverts to defaults on restarting the driver despite saving the config in the options section
- in the ekos camera gui all the cooling info is greyed out.

I am currently using Ubuntu Mate 22.04 newly configured with the latest stable Kstars/indi/ekos. I have tried the nightly with no change in behaviour.

This is not a hardware problem as I am using a slightly older Raspian based setup which shows the cooling and the driver and camera behave as expected.

Hope this helps to sort the problem.

Let me know if logs would help.

Regards,

Mike
2 weeks 3 days ago #100260

Well, that is certainly frustrating. As I said, updating my INDI library after Jasem rebuilt it fixed the problem for me with an ASI2600MM camera.

Just to be sure, have you done a

"sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade"

when logged into the RPi?
2 weeks 3 days ago #100266

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Cooling Off ASI1600

All packages are now updated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spartacus
2 weeks 3 days ago #100267

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Detlef on topic Cooling Off ASI1600

Does this also count for QHY cameras? Have the same issue (no items for cooler control), see my recent post.

Update works only partially because there is no nightly build for Ubuntu 24.04 yet available:
E: The repository 'ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mutlaqja/indinightly/ubuntu noble Release' does not have a Release file.
Last edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Detlef.
1 week 2 days ago #100380

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds