INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Capture Module - Light, Dark, Bias, Flat Sequence

• Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,

I am new here and a beginner in Astrophotography. I use StellarMate / KStars / Ekos and it is great.

Now I have a (perhaps stupid) Question (sorry for that). I did not found the answer in the tutorials or in the forum (sorry if it is there): If I click on "Preview" in the capture module and check "Auto Dark" then there is a warning that I should cover the telescope with a Dust Cap before contine. Ekos will only take the Dark after I put the Dust Cover on and click continue.

But if I create a sequence with first my Lights, then the Darks (with the calibration "Dust Cover with Build-in Flat Light" or "Manuell"), then the Bias (again with that calibration) and the Flats (with the calibration and a specific ADU for my DSLR) and then click on run, then there is no warning to cover the telescope etc. The sequence is simply running throught the whole process, that means the Lights, Darks, Bias and Flats are taken without any chance the put on the Dust Cover or the Flat-Light-Gernerator on my telescope. So the only chance is that I create a sequence for my Lights. Then make the Lights. Then put the Dust Cover on. Then create a sequence for the Darks and Bias (by the way is there an option that Ekos automatically takes the shortest possible exposure?). Then make the Darks and Bias. Then put the Flat-Light-Gernerator on. Then create a Flat-sequence. Then make the Flats.

As a conclusion I have to create three sequences. That is ok, but it would be more convenient if I could create one sequence with Lights, Darks, Bias and Flats and during the process there is a warning to put the Dust Cover on etc. and Ekos stops the taking frames until I click continue (like in the Preview mode). How can I activate this in Ekos?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
5 years 3 months ago #34152

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds