INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Is it possible to connect the mount with a condition

• Thank you received: 3
Hello, I'll explain my problem to you.
I would like to do that when I start the connection with my accessories, camera, filter wheel and mount.
The connection to the mount is made with one condition.
Indeed I would like the driver to start only when the roof of my observatory is open so that there is no risk of collision.

Is this possible?

Christophe
3 years 11 months ago #52957

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
The most safe would be to wire the power supply of the mount to a detector on the roof.

Now, the mount will not move even if the driver is started. It's only when the client will unpark and slew that the mount will move.

If you are doing things manually one after the other, you may decide if and when you run each step. If you are using the Scheduler to start the observatory, check Unpark Dome and Unpark Mount, and Park Mount and Park Dome.

And experiment by yourself to determine if you can trust each procedure when something goes wrong.

-Eric
3 years 11 months ago #52958

Hello
I'm already doing that.

I also tried to do it like this, but obviously this poses a problem to kstars, because once thrown without the mount he can't find it without throwing them all back.
so the idea would be to make kstars wait until the roof is open to launch the mount connection.
But maybe that's not possible.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Porchet.
3 years 11 months ago #52962

In the mount driver, go to options and set the Dome Parking Policy to Dome Locks, this would prevent mount from unparking until the dome is unparked.
3 years 11 months ago #52970

I just went to see what you said, which is exactly what I wanted.

I thought I would do it, just by cutting the electricity to the mount, which was a problem for Kstars, because afterwards he couldn't find the mount anymore.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Porchet.
3 years 11 months ago #52972

Hello Jasem
Also thanks to you, I also saw that I can do the same condition so that the dome doesn't close without the information of the mount's park position.
Which I was already doing, but with sensors on the mount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 11 months ago #52974

Time to create page: 0.764 seconds