INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar Alignment issue with EKOS and Astrometry

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

Tonight was a clear night for a long time. After setting the OTA, power, motors, cameras, and GPS, I fired up the RPI 3B+ with Astroberry 2.01. I configured my profile to use my QHY CCD Polemaster to be the guide CCD for my local config. I then saved and started my profile. I went to polar alignment in EKOS. EKOS captured the perfect shot of Polaris. I have every FITS library for ASTROMETRY on this PI. 984 FITS images would be compared. Then the errors hit. FIELD 1 no match found for TYCHO and Index band. The Polemaster FOV is 1500.1' x 1125.4'. This should be Index2019. Nope. I centered Polaris into the crosshairs. I reset the Polar Alignment and started again. Nope for all 984 FITS image, no match found.

ASTAP bombs out. What is missing? I will post my session log tomorrow.
3 years 11 months ago #55237

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
Hello,

After reviewing logs, I have come to the conclusion that the Telescope Alignment is not setup. Everything is 0. Getting into EQMOD and Alignment shows 0 for everything. Nothing can be changed so this must mean that a file needs to be created. Under Windows, EASCOM and EQMOD has a telescope aligment setup process. Under INDI, all I see is a blank page which never gets reset to the session. I am going to save a config file to see if I can get input from the Driver, Park, and location from the GPS. Getting the driver setup was easy. Getting the telescope to be positional seems to be locked out at the present.
3 years 11 months ago #55250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds