INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ekos not seeing ready images after changing daily park time

• Thank you received: 0
To start with: It is unclear to me what is the best place to report issues on Ekos.

When doing a series of 5 minute images with the Altair 294C, after receiving and inspecting the third image I decided to leave it alone and change to parking time in the mount tab of Ekos. From that moment on the indilib driver proceeded handling the images as expected, but apparently Ekos did not see that images were ready, and where no longer saved. I suspect that after the change of parking time and restarting the countdown to parking time somehow lost a listener connection to the indilib ccd driver.

I see the following in my log file (in my own words):
t=0s image 3 ready and downloaded
t=3s start capturing of image 4
t=30s change of parking time to 4AM. (I also used to stop and play icon to restart the countdown timer at the mount tab).
t=303s image 4 ready event. upload form camera to computer
t=306s: nothing, but here the start of capturing image 5 should have been
t=423s ekos reports that image capture timed out and restarts the capture. Apparently a timeout function 120s after expected end of image 4.
t=423s start capturing image 5 (retake of 4)
t=543s ekos decides to stop the ccd indi driver and restart it. Is this a second 120s timeout to restart unwilling drivers? It timeout after start capture, not stop capture like the one before.
t=546s driver is restarted, but ekos crashes and exits now without further logging.
3 years 10 months ago #55904

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds