INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Timer/Temperature based AF runs

• Thank you received: 133
I was wondering whether those two options (trigger an AF run after a given time, or when temperature changes) know of each other. I.e., is the timer reset when a temperature change triggers an AF run? And when does the timer start? When starting the sequence, or after the (last) AF run?
From the description of the temperature based one I'd guess that one resets its reference point on any AF run, so it would 'know' of a timer-based run, is that correct?

Thanks!
3 years 10 months ago #55951

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
OK, for those that don't know, but (also) want to:

They are perfectly aware of each other. I did a run last night with both enabled, and indeed the timer is reset after all AF runs, and the ΔT is always using the last AF run as reference, regardless what triggered it. The attachment has the relevant snippets from the Log, for the curious.

The only small glitch was in the beginning. I had also set AF after filter change. When I started the sequence, it first detected that the last AF had been more than 4200s ago, and did an AF. Only then it switched the filter, and immediately ran an AF again :sick:
Not sure if such a situation could be captured somehow.

But that was really only a tiny irritation. Apart from that it was an absolutely smooth run (including an automatic meridian flip). EKOS is really constantly improving. Thanks to all that make this possible :)
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
3 years 10 months ago #55983
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds