INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

OnStep vs 3.5.0 Beta vs Stellarmate 1.53 vs Ubuntu 18.04

• Thank you received: 19
Hi Jasem...
This started as the PARK/UNPARK crashing behavior whihc is successfully fixed with your nightly builds greater than 3.4.3 (thanks for that) but the situation got wierder on my my rig wihc is an Giada i5 with 8 gig ram and 250gig SSD running Ubuntu 18.04 (fully updated)
I would start Kstarts and EKOS + all devices and things seem ok...but some odd behavoiurs started happening like forced focus trying to take darks (wierd)...so I disconnect, shut down...restart
At this point I and see what looks like connections but the status is wrong - example mount thinks it is idle not tracking but is actually parked....all device (2 camera, the pegasus PPBA, FW) all SHOW statsu and settings in INDI panel but nothing can actualy be set. Almost as if ther is now only one way communication.
Now, this is with latest as of today....so I power up my Stellarmated and connect devices and do a full update to the exact levels as the ubuntu box -
Do the normal connections etc, all status and abiity to update settings, control devices are OK.....was able to complet a normal simulated run doing darks (it is dayight right now)...can shutdown normaly and things are great and snappy

So - the same code base on Rasbian = OK...on Ubuntu 18.04 = not OK

I turned on verbose logs and hopefully you can see something - I am running some diagnostics on the UBUNTU box as it seems that the SW is not getting good communication to the device stack....

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-37-30.txt
File Size:7 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_16-26-56.txt
File Size:25 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-24-11.txt
File Size:17 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_16-00-36.txt
File Size:79 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-37-...8-08.txt
File Size:7 KB
3 years 9 months ago #57959

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds