INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Trouble connecting Pegasus Pocket PowerBox

• Thank you received: 1
I tried contacting PegasusAstro but they referred here as they thought it was a driver issue they could not control. Seems odd that they're not involved in driver development though..

Ever since I bought my PPB towards the end of last year I've had trouble connecting to it. After trying for a while and fiddling back and forth with port selection it seems to work and become stable. I can disconnect and reconnect just fine.
I'm changing my setup and yesterday I was setting up an indi server on an Intel NUC with a fresh Ubuntu install and the latest drivers. I'm still having this issue. Looking at the PPB logs I see that the serial connection is successful, there is some command sent and PPB_OK returned. Although I noted it was missing an end bracket, so it looked something like "<PPB_OK". Sorry, I'm at work right now so don't have access to logs, I can provide version numbers and logs later though if you like. Right after the PPB_OK I get a handshake failed printout and not a lot more information.

Any ideas about what I can try or might be doing wrong? Please let me know if there is any information I can provide. I'm hoping to upgrade to a more serious mono-setup and I'd really like this to work.
2 years 10 months ago #72928

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Well, I got home and started preparing logs and whatever information I could. I did some testing to reproduce the error which did show the problem. But after a couple of attempts at reproducing by rebooting and cycling power I haven't been able to reproduce it. I'm wondering if the battery could be a factor. It's been drained a bit, I forgot it connected over night so I'm going to charge it and make some more attempts. I've also done updates of drivers on both my server and laptop, I've know there's been some issues with the last release.

Hopefully nothing shows after charging the battery.
2 years 10 months ago #72972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds