INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with ASI EFW mini filter wheel

• Thank you received: 2
Hi!

Well, Tried with ASIStudio and got more information. It seems something is preventing the wheel to move. I recall having openned and cleaned filters last time (2 months ago! 8) ! )

I'll open the wheel and check for easy movements, too tighten screws ... as ASI Studio states:

"Initialization failed. The carousel is slipping of blocked. There is a posibility that the space between motor shaft/stalk and carousel might too loose or too tight, or the O-ring is damaged or the central fixing screw too tight"

Screenshots:

1st, upon connection:

2nd, after some seconds:

Hope I could fixit!
2 months 3 weeks ago #98725
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

The final story, in case anyone else run into same trouble, it was a hardware problem. When oppened the case of the carousel and plug it to PC running ASI Studio and selected it, it initially sounded a high pitch tone while initialization tried to move the motor but with no movement of the carousel (that was yesterday night)

This morning, after two coffees :blink: , I removed the only 31mm filter I had with mask (rest of the filters are mounted), thinking that the previous time I touched it I did something wrong. I tried again and it worked!!

Little video:

It seems it is persistently working back again once I removed the 31mm unmounted/masked filter. Maybe one screw was too tight and prevented the carousel from moving.

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
2 months 3 weeks ago #98746
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds