INDI Library v1.7.9 Released (23 Jun 2019)

INDI Library v1.7.9 is mostly a maintenance release to fix a few bugs in several drivers.

Focuslynx/Focus Boss not connecting to MacOS via USB

• Thank you received: 516

Replied by rlancaste on topic Focuslynx/Focus Boss not connecting to MacOS via USB

If you need me to do so, on Tuesday I can hook my Mac up to a Focus Boss and see what all my setting are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: soffici
5 months 1 week ago #34815

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by soffici on topic Focuslynx/Focus Boss not connecting to MacOS via USB

Hi Rob,
I though the main problem I had was KStars not recognising my USB-RS232 adapter that Optec/Starlight have been so kind to include with the package.
So I went to FTDI website and downloaded the driver.
Now instead of a generic /dev/cu.usbserial, KStars sees /dev/cu.usbserial-A504AP6U, which is the USB device showing in my Mac's System Information.
Happy as a baby I tried to connect... nothing
TTY timeout
Changed the BAUD rate to all the available ones from 9600 to 230400...nothing
VERY frustrating
I can't get my head around this, but my knowledge of this things is like Shakespeare to an ant...
Log attached
Please, help!
Thank you
Antonio

P.S: maybe a Timeviewer session with you controlling my Mac could be in order, so you can see what's happening...

File Attachment:

File Name: log_12-12-30.txt
File Size:40 KB
5 months 1 week ago #34896
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by soffici on topic Focuslynx/Focus Boss not connecting to MacOS via USB

And once again the thread got dead...

Is anyone able to help me?
The focuser (or lack thereof) is the only thing keeping me from fully automating my sessions.
A little help would be nice to have

Cheers

Antonio
4 months 2 weeks ago #35628

• Thank you received: 516

Replied by rlancaste on topic Focuslynx/Focus Boss not connecting to MacOS via USB

I'm sorry, I've just been very busy. I should be able to help you in about a week or so. I have a lot of things on my plate right now, but in about a week, my time should increase quite a bit.

Thanks,

Rob
4 months 2 weeks ago #35646

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds