INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Building Kstars on Ubuntu Mate fails

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I attempted to build Kstars on Ubuntu Mate following the instructions on KDE's website: techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/KStars/Building_KStars_KF5

Cmake works without any trouble, and most of the make process works as well, but it fails at the very last second when linking.
Scanning dependencies of target kstars
[ 96%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/main.cpp.o
[ 96%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/qrc_kstars.cpp.o
[ 97%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/kstars_automoc.cpp.o
[ 97%] Linking CXX executable kstars
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QItemSelectionModel::model()'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5NewStuff.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QAbstractListModel::sibling(int, int, QModelIndex const&) const'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Crash.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QDebug::putString(QChar const*, unsigned long)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOWidgets.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QString::toLower_helper(QString const&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5NewStuff.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QString::toLower_helper(QString&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5NewStuff.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QString::trimmed_helper(QString const&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `qt_QMetaEnum_debugOperator(QDebug&, int, QMetaObject const*, char const*)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOCore.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QMetaObject::Connection::isConnected_helper() const'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5NewStuff.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QMetaType::registerNormalizedType(QByteArray const&, void (*)(void*), void* (*)(void*, void const*), int, QFlags<QMetaType::TypeFlag>, QMetaObject const*)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5ConfigCore.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QByteArray::toLower_helper(QByteArray const&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOWidgets.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QString::simplified_helper(QString const&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QAbstractTableModel::sibling(int, int, QModelIndex const&) const'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5NewStuff.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QString::simplified_helper(QString&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Codecs.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QByteArray::toUpper_helper(QByteArray const&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOCore.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QByteArray::trimmed_helper(QByteArray const&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5NewStuff.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QString::trimmed_helper(QString&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5CoreAddons.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QByteArray::trimmed_helper(QByteArray&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5WidgetsAddons.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QString::toUpper_helper(QString&)'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOCore.so.5.18.0: undefined reference to `QDebug::putByteArray(char const*, unsigned long, QDebug::Latin1Content)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/build.make:194: recipe for target 'kstars/kstars' failed
make[2]: *** [kstars/kstars] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:190: recipe for target 'kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [kstars/CMakeFiles/kstars.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:138: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any insight as to what might be causing these troubles?

7 years 8 months ago #9565

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not sure what's going on, looks like the KDE Frameworks did not install cleanly. Have you tried using the PPA?
7 years 8 months ago #9566

I had no problem installing Kstars from the PPA, but I want to download and build the source so that I can change some UI elements and customize it.
7 years 8 months ago #9567

Well, if you want to develop on KStars, you'd probably want to use a KDE desktop, something like Kubuntu or KDE Neon. You can also do this on Mate, but I'm not sure what the problem is with the KF5 libs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mathieu Corbett
7 years 8 months ago #9568

I see. I figured it would be simpler to develop on KDE, but the problem is that I eventually want to install this modified version on my Raspberry Pi running Ubuntu Mate.

This is probably a noob question, but would it be possible for me to develop/build on Kubuntu, then install on Ubuntu Mate?
7 years 8 months ago #9569

7 years 8 months ago #9570

Well, I guess that solved it then :p

I'll reinstall Kubuntu and do my developing on there. Thanks for your help! :)
7 years 8 months ago #9571

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds