INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Install Indiwebmanager on Armbian

• Thank you received: 33
I have installed an Armbian Ubuntu 18.04 image built for the NanoPC-T4 (from the FriendlyElec site) on an SD card and it boots fine. So far everything I've tried works, even bluetooth which was a surprise as most of the images offered by the NanoPC-T4 makers do not offer that. This means I can control my mount via bluetooth!
Now to my problem: First I installed the latest INDIE library and full stable Kstars/Ekos...that went well. Then, I went here indilib.org/support/tutorials/162-indi-web-manager.html and followed the instructions to install indiwebmanager. First I ran sudo apt-get install python3-pip which seemed to run fine, no errors, then I ran sudo -H pip3 install indiweb and received this:

brian@nanopct4:~$ sudo -H pip3 install indiweb
[sudo] password for brian:
Collecting indiweb
Downloading files.pythonhosted.org/packages/df/50/a5...indiweb-0.1.6.tar.gz (363kB)
100% |████████████████████████████████| 368kB 662kB/s
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'setuptools'

It seems to be looking for a module named 'setuptools' but I have no idea what that means or where to go from here. I'm stuck, anyone have any idea what to do next?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Brian.
5 years 2 months ago #34457

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
So, I've found out that "setuptools" is a Python module. My Armbian image came with Python 2.7 and 3.6 installed but apparently I didn't have setuptools installed with it. After installing the module (after much googling to find the correct command that worked) I now have Indiwebmanager working on Armbian. Hope this helps someone.
5 years 2 months ago #34499

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds