INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

fits file in the scheduler doesn't work

• Thank you received: 62
When I upload a fit file in the scheduler to solve and frame exactly my target, the scheduler asks for specific RA/DEC coordinates and doesn't consider the image file.
i'm quite sure it was answered before but I'm not finding the topic anymore.
5 years 3 weeks ago #37298

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

attached a screenshot to show what I meant. In the log window the Warning message 'RA value hh mm ss is invalid' .
What I understood it that if a fits file is provided, then object name and coordinates are not needed. Ekos will solve the image and slew to those exact coordinates.
5 years 3 weeks ago #37301
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
Are you sure it will solve it? I thought it was supposed to take the RA and DEC from the FITS headers. Does your image have those?

Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ferrante Enriques
5 years 3 weeks ago #37313

I'm not sure at all, you could be right. But I assumed it worked like the 'load & slew' feature in 'alignment' tab.
But in either case it is still not working. My fit file is imaged with ekos itself and has RA / DEC coordinates in the headers.
5 years 3 weeks ago #37317

reading the documentation I found that the scheduler doesn't read FITS headers but plate solves the image:
"Optional FITS file: If a FITS file is specified, the astrometry solver shall solve the file and use the central RA/DEC as the target coordinates."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
5 years 1 week ago #37956

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds