INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:KStars Mac DMG 3.4.0 beta testing needed

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Andrew,

as you are using MW4, this installation resides in a virtual environment. MW4 install in this environment astropy as well, but this could not be seen from any other place. All MW4 python package installations are contained in the virtual environment. The hints of Robert apply to this situation.

Michel
4 years 2 months ago #48780

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Sorry about that, I just updated the link above to match what mactech posted. I just copied and pasted what the server said the link was and forgot that the actual link gets changed when it is accessed from afar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
4 years 2 months ago #48781

• Thank you received: 0
I hope I did the right thing.
This is the result:
/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/bin/solve-field -O --no-plots --no-verify --resort --downsample 2 -L 24.1591 -H 26.7022 -u aw -3 84.0609 -4 -5.37996 -5 30 --config /Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/bin/astrometry.cfg -W /private/var/folders/d5/vxb59b0j5xgbgprtn4xh2gbw0000gn/T/solution.wcs /private/var/folders/d5/vxb59b0j5xgbgprtn4xh2gbw0000gn/T/fitsTJVdqG.fits
2020-02-01T00:31:27 Starting solver...
2020-02-01T00:31:27 export PATH=/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/netpbm/bin:/usr/local/opt/python/libexec/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
4 years 2 months ago #48793

And did you try copying and pasting the commands into OS X Terminal? If you try to do it now, it won't work because the image it is trying to solve would no longer exist, but if you plate solve again, copy and paste it into terminal, and hit enter, and then see what it does, that is what we need. For example, in what you just copied and pasted, here is what you need to put into Terminal:

Command 1:

export PATH=/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/netpbm/bin:/usr/local/opt/python/libexec/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

Command 2:

/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/bin/solve-field -O --no-plots --no-verify --resort --downsample 2 -L 24.1591 -H 26.7022 -u aw -3 84.0609 -4 -5.37996 -5 30 --config /Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/astrometry/bin/astrometry.cfg -W /private/var/folders/d5/vxb59b0j5xgbgprtn4xh2gbw0000gn/T/solution.wcs /private/var/folders/d5/vxb59b0j5xgbgprtn4xh2gbw0000gn/T/fitsTJVdqG.fits

And then see what it does in the terminal. The results of the commands is what we are looking for.
4 years 2 months ago #48794

• Thank you received: 139
I've run into a problem that I've not experienced before. I've been using a new ZWO ASI2600MC-Pro for the last few imaging sessions. Today I decided to go back to my ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro and filter wheel. Got everything connected, and KStars/EKOS recognizes all the equipment, but will not connect to either my guide cam or the 1600, even though it shows it in the driver window. I've tried in both Linux on the Pi4 and the Mac. Any idea what might be happening?

I've tested both cameras directly connected to the mac, and they work. I've also tried them connected through my Pegasus UPB to the mac and other imaging programs see them. But EKos will not for some reason. It is recognizing the hub on the 1600 because it sees and controls the Filter wheel, and it shows the guide cam listed, but the two cameras will not connect.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-46-08.txt
File Size:299 KB
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Andrew Burwell.
4 years 2 months ago #48795
Attachments:

I just connected up my ZWO ASi2600, and now it doesn't work. Is there anyway to reset preferences or drivers?

Update...everything works connected to my Mac directly, so it's an issue with the RPI4. I've put in a support ticket with Jasem.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Andrew Burwell.
4 years 2 months ago #48797

Glad its working OK on the Mac. I'm sure Jasem will help you with the other issue.
4 years 2 months ago #48802

This is what I get in terminal when running the command /usr/local/bin/pip3 install astropy
Requirement already satisfied: astropy in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages (4.0)
Requirement already satisfied: numpy>=1.16 in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages (from astropy) (1.18.0)
You are using pip version 10.0.1, however version 20.0.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
4 years 2 months ago #48803

• Thank you received: 0
I did a test, hoping to have done it correctly:
1) I made the Plate Solver and after receiving the error,
I copied the first part of the message exactly as it was described to me and pasted it on the Mac Terminal and the result
it's nothing !!! Macintosh: ~ mimmobelli $
2) I copied the second part of the error message exactly
as it was described to me and I pasted it into the Mac Terminal and
the result is: Illegal instruction: 4
I tried to install the beta 2 update and repeated the test,
but the result is always the same !!!
4 years 2 months ago #48829

carkinzo, Thank you very much for testing that.

The first command should not output anything. It just exports the PATH variable so that the second command can work.

The second command is the one that should do interesting things. It said Illegal Instruction 4? I think that typically means the program is compiled for a newer version of OS X than it is being run on. What version of OS X are you using?
4 years 2 months ago #48832

Lead_weight,

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages

is not

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages

You clearly have more than one version of python 3 installed. I suspect that astropy is installed in the one python installation and not the one that is used when KStars is running.

If you take a look in the folder /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages, is astropy in there too?
4 years 2 months ago #48833

Lead_weight,

see what this command outputs:

/usr/local/bin/python3 -m site
4 years 2 months ago #48834

Time to create page: 0.811 seconds