INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus nyx testing

• Thank you received: 9
I've found the indi driver to be missing several features, so I added some missing features to the Indi drivers. If anyone is willing to test I'd be grateful. You'd have to be using linux/indi/ekos, and be comfortable installing bleeding edge versions to test with.

I usually just compile the software stack, but there are nightly builds available here:
launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archiv ... 5&start=75
The following user(s) said Thank You: Klaus H.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97025

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Klaus H. on topic Pegasus nyx testing

Hello James,

I today tested the Pegasus NYX-101 with your latest driver changes (commit b24472523; compiled on ArchLinux via libindi-git AUR recipe). I tested the Elevation limit/horizon limits, flip pier side all worked as expected.
Regarding 'reboot' command I observed that the mount did reboot - disconnected, after some time the beep sequence - but after that both motors did not react anymore, no movement possible at all. Disconnecting and reconnecting the driver did not change anything. The Android app could connect, but also not trigger any motor movement. Mount was not parked, tried to unpark/park but also this was not possible (no click sound). Powering-cycling the NYX mount helped in recovering - after that mount reacted normal.

Kind regards,
Klaus
5 months 2 weeks ago #97090

Thank you for testing. Sorry for the issues you had rebooting, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to recover. I'm not able to reproduce the issue with my nyx. Is there any more info you can share? Your mount version, firmware version, tha state of the mount when it was rebooting? Was it tracking?
5 months 2 weeks ago #97091

Also: did you disconnect them connect the indi driver?
5 months 2 weeks ago #97092

Hello James,
not a problem, as I could recover with power cycling. Firmware version is 1.22. I think it was in siderial tracking mode, before the reboot I tried to switch between the four tracking modes, including King, but I think I switched back to Siderial before trying the reboot command.
Clear skies,
Klaus
5 months 2 weeks ago #97093

yes, I did disconnect and reconnect the INDI driver. After this reconnect both motors did not work.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97094

Thanks Klaus, I'll try with different firmware versions. It would be helpful to understand if this ever happens when rebooting from the windows unity app. If this issue is restricted to older firmware, then I can disable it selectively.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97096

I re-tried a second time, this time everything worked as expected, also immediately after reboot: reboot, disconnect, wait until beep sequence, reconnect, both motors work.
Starting with Windows Unity app and trying reboot there didn't show any issue either.
Updated to latest Unity and Firmware 1.25.2 now.

Kind regards,
Klaus
5 months 2 weeks ago #97100

A minor observation I forgot to mention: After disconnect and reconnect, the speed setting in the GUI did show 900x (that was the speed set before), but the real speed setting was far slower, I suppose only 32x or 64x. Should this GUI field be automatically set to the right value after reconnect?

Kind regards, Klaus
5 months 2 weeks ago #97101

Yes it should. That's another fix I'll put on the list.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97104

Great. I'll try and reproduce the issue on older firmware. If it only happens there, then I will disable the feature for older firmware.
5 months 2 weeks ago #97105

I confirmed that the motor failure after reboot is an issue with older firmware.

I switched to 0.26 firmware using unity on windows, and was able to reproduce the issue. Doing a reboot from windows using 0.26 caused the motors to stop working after the reboot completed. This is a firmware issue that exhibits under unity/windows and indi. I will disable the feature under indi if using older firmware.

Jamie
5 months 2 weeks ago #97137

Time to create page: 0.758 seconds